Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

used raptor 30 need a little help

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

used raptor 30 need a little help

Old 02-24-2011, 04:51 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: used raptor 30 need a little help

ORIGINAL: Switch_639

make sure firstly are you in Heading hold mode, in rate mode it wont...
Why do you say that? Thats not correct at all.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Switch_639

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do gyros compensate in rate mode also? mine only does in head hold mode...

edit: excuse my stupidity... I never use rate mode so had no gain on that mode... cranked up the gain and I saw it compensating... but it always wants to center the servo it seems, is this helpful by any means for any flight condition or even hover? in heading hold it keeps the tail straight as to where you are pointing it...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:26 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

It allows the tail to weather vane so some scale guys and no 3D guys like it. I never use it but thats all we had for the longest time.

Rate mode means that it dampens the rate of unwanted yaw but as you see it returns to center where heading hold will apply whatever is required (till it runs out of throw) to attempt to maintain its last heading.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
dooleyje

Hey buddy, I really suggest that you get with someone local to help you set the heli up. You have to measure pitch and reset servo arms and so forth and the radio programing would be done via actual measurents. Impossible and drawn out to help in the threads. As a beginner this would be the best way to learn.

I hope you get it sorted out so you can enjoy a fine machine as the Rapter.

Jim
Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Little TLW

No helicopter guys in my area. At the local rc club they are all into planes. Does any one have Rays helitech dvds are they as good as what Ive been reading.Would I only need volumes 1-3 or is the whole package the best(pretty costly).
Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Switch_639

[link=http://www.raptortechnique.com/index-raptor.html]Raptor Setups[/link]

its a pretty old website, but all is about raptors... this guy goes into all details... I had a used titan 50 before I got a Trex600... it literally took me an hour to setup and start hovering... but it was in good condition and servos and horns and linkages were setup properly by previous owner...

you can do it by yourself... I had to also with my Trex-600... once you get the heli lingo and get to know what guys are talking about you can help yourself... I spent about a week everyday reading and adjusting... hovering, reading some more... posting threads with questions... its been a month, no jokes, my new heli flies like a champ... simply by posting and adjusting as guys advise...
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Little TLW

Just stumbled across this web site it is amazing all kinds of info from how to guides to downloading manuals etc. Check it out. http://www.kempley-helicopters.com/index
Old 03-06-2011, 09:08 AM
schweizer1551

Ihave NEVER had any luck using 15 % fuel on a heli. Try 39% I think you will see a difference. Iuse to have this Helicopter and found it ok I did change to an OS37. Made a big difference.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:26 AM
schweizer1551

mistake in typing............. I meant use fuel rating of 30% helifuel. Sorry my mistake