Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Lama v4 xtreme upgrade question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Lama v4 xtreme upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:09 PM
matt_mahoney
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lama v4 xtreme upgrade question

hey,
so i'm flying my lama v4 with some mods, and i'm thinkin of going into the xtreme motors (se 180's). does anyone know if its worth upgrading to them? i'm running the stock motors now and it says they have 25% more power. is there actually a really big difference wiht them? also, if i do ugrade to them, will i need any other parts to handle the extra power? perhaps the inner shaft, or blades? any help would be awsome. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 AM
Gothic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lama v4 xtreme upgrade question

ORIGINAL: matt_mahoney

hey,
so i'm flying my lama v4 with some mods, and i'm thinkin of going into the xtreme motors (se 180's). does anyone know if its worth upgrading to them? i'm running the stock motors now and it says they have 25% more power. is there actually a really big difference wiht them? also, if i do ugrade to them, will i need any other parts to handle the extra power? perhaps the inner shaft, or blades? any help would be awsome. Thanks.

Matt , Go for it. It will make a world of difference . Make sure you buy some replacement brushes of the motors. They are easy to replace. You will need to do a little soldering but it's worth it. I have 4 Lama 4's with the Xtreme SE motors.
There is also Lama 4 thread on RCU. You should check it out. Everything about the Lama4 is there.
Have Fun!

G.