Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Camera Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 PM
settlingwithpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera Vibration

When trying recording cameras in my Helo, I can't seem to kill the vibration. Although the blades are tracked,there is no run ut on the shafts etc. and the helo is not shaking to the naked eye, the recorded video will still have a blur. Since it is recorded in HD, it looks even worse than normal.

As a trial solution, I isolated the camera using some material but it didn't make much of a difference. (* Gummy Goop is the best I can do to describe the material in a few words. It is basically a polymer that doesn't transfer motion very well. It is used to isolate one surface from another and as a vibration dampener at low frequencies (1-10 hz), but it's not usually used for the higher vibration frequencies which is probably why it didn't work at the rates normally found in RC helicopters.)

Anyway, what have you guys done to isolate your cameras to stop the vibration transfer?

Thanks much!