Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Raptor G2 Main Rotor not spinning fast enough

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Raptor G2 Main Rotor not spinning fast enough

Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
BerserkerPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor G2 Main Rotor not spinning fast enough

Hi. Ijust got a used Raptor G2 SE(Well I assume it's the SE because it has the lithium-ion battery pack). I'm somewhat experienced with small electrics (Ihave a hirobo llama that I like to scare the cats with), but realistically I'm a beginner.

Here's the trouble:

I tried to fly it, but the Main Rotor doesn't spin fast enough (ie: not in synch with the throttle input). The tail rotor spins in synch with the main gear, so the motor seems to be working correctly. I checked the gears and they are't broken or stripped. Idisconnected the battery and rotated the main rotor and the tail rotor moved slightly but didn't spin the way it should. I'm assuming mechanical issues somewhere but I don't know enough to diagnose what it is. From the appearance of the helicopter, it's been flown a few times and lightly crashed (grass stains on tail rotor, crack in fairing@ rubber grommet).

So is this major or minor and/or how can Itell more? I haven't attempted to disassemble it yet because I figured I'd ask for more experienced help before getting in over my head...

Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Scrooem

Default RE: Raptor G2 Main Rotor not spinning fast enough

had a similar problem with my walkera 4#
rotor spin was not in sync with my throttle
under stress the main gear gave way just enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4x3fgMgQBw
Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 AM
BerserkerPrime

It may be a similar problem... it's not just "out of synch" though... The tail rotor spins a million miles per hour and the main rotor just kind of lazily spins around. It gains eventually gains some speed if I rev the motor up but I stopped fooling with it to avoid doing any more damage. Probably played with it for a maybe 5 minutes max... and felt like it was 4.5 minutes too long after the fact. So you're saying the problem is probably the main gear where it attaches to the main shaft? Is that a beginner-level repair or should I seek more experienced guidance?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the auto bearing is installed upside down.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
BerserkerPrime

Well after obsessing over this all day...I think I figured out the problem... It appears that a little tightening with my hex keys did the trick. A test flight tomorrow when there's light and hopefully no rain... we'll see if the set screw stays tight while we're at it.