Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:32 PM
dmoraga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help

I gave up my shooting hobby to get into flying RC heli's, at first I thought it would be cheaper then shooting. Guess not. I am looking for someone in the Brooksville, FL area to help me out. I kinda jumped into this hobby a bit quick. I bought a Trex 500 clone and a new Align CObra fuselage thinking the fuselage would just fit right on the trex frame, wrong. It seems I have to take apart the whole heli and rebuilt it using the parts from the new fuselage and set it up to fly at the same time. I am not looking for someone to do it for me but someone who can help me complete this task so i can learn to do it by myself. I also bought a trex 450 so that I could learn how to fly these types of heli's while I was building my cobra but when it arrived it was in peices and the guy throw in a bunch of spare parts so now im really confused. So if anyone out there in the Brooksville Spring hill, FL area wants to take some time to teach me about building, binding and flying it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dave
Old 02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Looking for help

it might be best to look for and join a local flying club in your area.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
dmoraga

yea im looking into some of the flying clubs in my area but they all seem to be more into fixed wing aircraft. i will keep looking though thanks..
Old 02-07-2012, 04:32 PM
kfrisbee

Even though it seems like a club is all about FW aircraft it's still a good idea to email them; there could be a few heli pilots too.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:26 AM
AugerDawger

Dave get a Blade MCPX.  $179.00

Keep it over grass and it will take alot of crashes and keep on ticking.

Mastery of the MCPX and the bigger birds are a piece of cake.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Might be worth the drive to TORCHS (The Orlando Radio Control Heli Society), they are a dedicated heli club right outside of Orlando, I can get you some contact info if you need.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:53 PM
dmoraga

Andy,
That would be great if you can get me some info, I live about 45 mins from disney. orlando is just a straight drive down 50 from me.

Thanks
Dave
Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 PM
dmoraga

AugerDawger,

i was going to buy one of those but I saw this trex450 in a jet bell ranger fuselage that said RTF, will I bought it for $200 and when it arrived he took it apart for shipping and to be nice he trew in a bunch of spare parts which really confused me now with all these different parts. Im working on it though...
Thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

ORIGINAL: dmoraga

Andy,
That would be great if you can get me some info, I live about 45 mins from disney. orlando is just a straight drive down 50 from me.

Thanks
Dave
http://torchs.org/