Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

The Latest 2012 Syma S800G 4 Channel RC Helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

The Latest 2012 Syma S800G 4 Channel RC Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:29 AM
potapple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Latest 2012 Syma S800G 4 Channel RC Helicopter

Though a number of fresh RC helicopter had come out last two years after syma s107 hit the shelves,none can reach the level s107 once did.I'm expecting a helicopter which is better than s107 and always keeping my eyes on syma latest helicopters.Recently,I've found several brand new syma helicopters are on the market.Among them,syma 800G has potential to challenge s107.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 961x499.

syma 800G,a little 4 channel helicopter catching more and more attention these days,now sells at a price of $25.99 free shipping.

Introduction
The main body is made from durable plastic, and the inner construction of the helicopter is all metal. (Um... $25.99 free shipping, great price .)
See what we found in the case: Syma S800G 4 Channel Remote Control RC Helicopter with Gyro, Nose, Wing, USB Cable Screwdriver, and Manual. (Thank god, we haven't miss anything.)
4 Channel Remote Control(backward forward up down, turn right left, fly sideward, I find it flying much more stable than S107, May it have something to do with the wing or the new design, well, the instructions inform that the upgrade gyro device equipped in this helicopter, it is guaranteed that it is more stable in flight. )The real great thing is though Very light weight it can still survive crashes and bumps without causing serious damage, but I am honest to tell you that it isn’t intended for flying outside (well, as we know about that too light for even the slightest of breezes, sun kills infrared signal etc.)
With verisimilar searching light (well, this is pretty good, it’s cool. I do love the style like that.)It can be charged from the computer using its USB cable or the helicopter’s remote control, but it's a pity that there is no wall charger included. That’s what I really want.

Hands-on experience
I’ve got this helicopter around 10 days, when I unpacked the box, I could hardly leave my eyes from that exquisite little helicopter, it’s so beautiful and really like ones that are expensive. Technically, it’s a indoor helicopter, however; I went outside and steer syma 800G on purpose last Sunday afternoon, for I need to know how stable it can fly even in the open air, finally, I found it flew smoothly and steady. Is it actually a outdoor helicopter? no, I think the main reason is that it is fairly fine weather that day. I can say if a little helicopter can fly well outdoor, it can fly well indoor. In simple words, syma 800G are almost the same in flight as syma s107,but more powerful and faster. The drift feature in syma s107 may be not satisfactory, but in syma 800G, you can drift your helicopter with ease.
As to the disadvantages, throttle is the main problem. It is not only uncomfortably small but also shabby made. Comparing with the throttles of the original syma helicopters, I personally think it won’t meet hobbyists demands. Mentioning the controller stick, it’s too short, at the beginning you may feel not easy to control the helicopter, so you kind of need a couple of hours to get used to it.
All in all, It is cool to see the brand new syma 800G pushing the syma little helicopter technolony and design into a higher position. As a little helicopter, it has a number of upgrade from "the king" of little helicopter syma s107, and in view of the performance of syma 800G, it is going be a hit in 2012 market.

The other specification is almost the same with syma s107 as follow:
Functions: up/down , forward/backward , turn left/right
Battery: 3.7V 150mAH Li-poly
Charging time: About 50-60 minutes (USB charging)
Flying time: About 6-8 minutes
Controlling distance: About 10 meters
Battery for controller: 6 AA batteries (not included)
Product Size: 21.5x22x4cm
Box Size:40.5x23.9x7.2cm
Frequency: A/B channel selector

Product information view
http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Sy...ro_White-51484

Old 05-28-2012, 05:19 PM
romafern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Latest 2012 Syma S800G 4 Channel RC Helicopter

The video shows it comes withe a mode 4 tx box. Is there a way to change this? Thinking of buying one as my first. Thanks.