Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

RC Helicopters to frustrating

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

RC Helicopters to frustrating

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 02:35 AM
denodan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Helicopters to frustrating

I have a Blade 450 3D, had a crash, awhile ago, got it going, flew well for awhile, then has developed a strange noise, and motor seems to run rough, in both directions, took out the main gear, to check the OWB, tried taking out the motor, undone the 4 motor mounts screws, but had to undo the servo arm, did not find out the problem, but now when I put the servo arm back, the paddles now do not go level.

Sick of RC helicopters, seem to frustrating, one problem after another, and very high mantaince, I can do without, so getting out of RC Helicopters, it's not my thing, and a very steep learning curve, still hovering, so frustrating.

I get much more fun out of my AR Drone 2.0, can fly it well out of the box, you cannot do that with a normal heli, crash and you always break something, crash the Drone and it flies again.

I find I like Quads, so also getting a Walkera MX400, also much easier to fly than a normal heli, a lot less trouble and a lot less learning curve, also a lot less upkeep and much less mantaince.

I know others here would perfer helicopters, but just to frustrating for me, so going to get into quads instead, seems the MX400 is getting good reviews, is steady flying and a good entry level quad.

Also getting for it the Devo 8S transmitter, so if I choose to can add GPS, etc at a later date I can.

Sorry to leave the heli scene, but they are not now what I want, but enjoy quads. Also have an MQX, which is fun to fly, asnd unlike my Blade 4503D can fly it.

I do not see much here on Quads, why no section for quads? Or is there on here.

I know many make them, or from kitset, but I wanted one to fly out of the box, and the MX400 seems pretty good value for money.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:14 AM
BrettOssman

Default RE: RC Helicopters to frustrating

Don't know if you tried any formal lesson plans, but if you would still like to fly your 450 3D, check out www.rchelicopterfun.com, and go to Flight School.  You progress in small increments, so always feel like you are accomplishing something.  Also, may want to try a simulator, if you don't have one.  Free to crash those.  I hear Phoenix is the best for helis, but also hear Real Flight has better training tools.  One last option may be a fixed pitch or even co-axial for now.

Just my two cents worth as newbie.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Not all hobbies are the same. And as you found out, not all aspects of the same hobby are the same. Some look to relax with a hobby. Some look to be challenged. Once you break thru the frustration, the feeling is like no other. I fly airplanes to relax. I fly helicopters because of the challange to fly and keep them in flying condition.

Rafael
Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Mack66

Stay focused. You are in this hobby to have fun! If helis aren't fun, then don't do it. Stick with what works for you.

Mack
Old 06-11-2012, 09:36 PM
denodan

Which is why I am going for Quads, only motors to worry about, more time flying, less time fixing.

I know many recommend a Flight Sim, and have Phonix RC Flight sim, but is just not like the real world at all, as I can fly in the Sim well, but in real life still in the Hover Stage.

Love being able to fly, hence, love my AR Drone 2.0 and Blade MXQ, So going for the Walkera MX400, with Dveo 8s, and installing a camera on the MX400, just ordered Camera, Transmitter, and MX400.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:45 AM
scasari

Helis take alot of patience and I just started about 4 months ago and I REALIZED that you just have to take the next step even if you are super super nervous! Good luck with quads they are pretty fun! I have a mqx and ar drone 2.0 but I never get the same punch of adrenaline when I am flying my quads! I think if you take helis slow and you but you learn something new every time you fly your making progress and soon you will be able to fly just fine! Remember (in my opinion ) the key to helis is to always take the next step!
Thanks -Sean
Old 06-24-2012, 06:17 PM
mnovinger

I had the same problem. I bought a blade mcpx....its a 6 channel heli but the things almost indestructable..anyway I learned to hover and can fly it pretty well...took a couple of weeks...good luck to you.