Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

indoor helicopters

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
tscw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default indoor helicopters

I had an indoor rc apache about a year ago. It was an airhogs that i got for about $50 and it flew fairly well for a while untill something happended to the rotor. Anyways, I am now looking for a new indoor helicopter and would like some links to some good military style indoor helicopters that are under $50. Also could anyone tell me if the helos is the links below are any good? Any help is appreciated.

http://www.hobby-estore.com/Syma-S02...h-symas026.htm
http://www.hobby-estore.com/UDI-RC-U...h-udi-u803.htm
http://www.hobby-estore.com/Syma-S01...h-symas013.htm
Old 09-14-2012, 12:50 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: indoor helicopters

do you want a heli you can actually replace parts on it if something breaks or electronically fail?  if the budget allows it i would look into eflight as im thinking your going to be hard pressed to find parts for the  mentioned symas  and if you do find them your probably waiting forever to get them . just my .02

Old 09-14-2012, 05:46 AM
ATVAlliance

Its not under 50, but as morgan already said...do you want to be able to fix it when you crash?  Notice I said WHEN you crash!  lol

Anyway...for just under 100 dollars...you can get a Blade mSRX (probably find an older mSR that had not sold yet for even cheaper RTF).

I have an mSR and it was a good entry level FP heli that is hard to break...and when you do break it there is a ton of parts available almost everywhere.

Just look at it this way.  If you buy one for 50 bucks and crash it and break something and you cannot get parts...you are out of 50 bucks and you buy a 2nd one.  Now you have spent 100 bucks and when you crash the 2nd one...rinse and repeat.

Why not spend the 100 up front and when you break something...just go to your local hobby store and buy the replacement part for 8 bucks or whatever it cost?  You will save a ton of money in the long run and own the helicopter long enough to see if you want to progress to something larger and outdoors.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 PM
rob.rice

http://www.myrcmart.com/gw-great-wal...ay-p-3761.html
at $26.99 + about $11.00 shipping
it would be a good idea to get a bunch of batteries they can be found for $1.00 each but you will need another charger and a harness these can be gotten for about $7.00
so for about $50.00 you will have a working setup to learn on and get an idea of how to fix rc helicopters
parts are super cheap
I would suggest you get blades blades and some blades spair flybar tail assembly or 2 and tape the tail fin on these are pretty much the most offten damaged parts in a crash the main gear and motor gear only last about 20 hours of flight soyou might want to get a motor and main gear
and be ready to replace the 5 in one
and if you want to keep it DO NOT tack it out doors
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 AM
tscw

I actually bought a syma s102g off amazon for around $22.00.  I am fairly pleased with how it flies. Very stable and hard to crash plus you can buy replacement parts if anything breaks.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 PM
rob.rice

the problem is that being a 3 channel it flys nothing like a single main rotor 4 or 6 channel
AFAIK
It will not hover
being a 3 channel  nether will it teach you the intentions to stick movement translations