Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

How to learn to fly

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 AM
veguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to learn to fly

Greetings,

Someone gave me a 6ch (Walkera V400D02 FLYBARLESS Metal Edition Helicopter w/ 6CH 2.4Ghz DEVO-7 Transmitter)and a 4ch heli (

4CH 2.4GHz Mini Radio Single Propeller RC Helicopter Gyro V911). I also have a 6ch simulator. My question is. Should I fly the 4ch first and use the simulator at the same time? Will it be very different to fly the 4ch from the 6ch? I know in the 6ch I will be controlling pitch.Are these helicopters any good? I really don't know much. All I have flown is a S107 3ch and I know 3ch is nothing like 4 or 6 channel..... Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

Miguel.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM
TakeshiSkunk

Default RE: How to learn to fly

You can fly the 4ch if you like, it won't be drastically different from the 3ch just less stable.

The only thing that will teach you to fly a 6ch is flying a 6ch. Starting with the simulator and spending a lot of time taking things slow worked wonders for me, completely painless learning experience. Just stick with learning one thing at a time in the simulator until you can do it 90% of the time and have a safe bail out plan for the other 10%, and then try it on the real deal. Start out with hovering tail in on the sim, and I'd say once you can start to do a little side in hovering you should safely be able to tail in hover the real thing. Go one step at a time and you can avoid unnecessary crashes.

If you have any more specific questions through the learning process I'll be happy to help out, and I'm sure some of the others around here will as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 AM
ATVAlliance

Yes! Learn tail in hovering at various heights. This will be your "go to" safety net. So if you get disoreinted, you can always piro the heli to a tail in orientation and possibly save yourself from a crash.Once you can tail inhover with no trembling thumbs...next should be to take the heli up pretty high and learn to piro (rotate the heli around 360 degrees back to tail in position). Do this until youcan do itwith easeand not lose the heli. Again, this way if/when you get disoriented...you can piro the heli to the tail in position and feel comfortable in not letting it take a dirt nap.

Like Takeshi said...the 4ch will help you some, but when you move to the 6ch heli, it will almost feel as if you are starting over again.

goodluck.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
veguin

Thanks so much for the replies. I will work on the simulator and my  4 ch until I feel comfortable. I will certainly follow your advice. Thanks again.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:31 PM
rob.rice

the sim can't be beat at pounding the translations of your intentions to stick movements in to your head
so when the 4ch dose something unexpected you know how to move the sticks to bring it back under control
the 4ch can teach you how to handle the unexpected with out the need to think about it on the 6ch

crawl
walk
run