Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Beginner Heli for me? Read:

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Best Beginner Heli for me? Read:

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Eli4052

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Beginner Heli for me? Read:

So I'm looking at getting a beginner R/C Heli.. I'm familiar with Traxxas and know how reliable and easy to use they are and is there any company like Traxxas for Helis? Also, this is the type of places I'll be flying the Heli: In my house/living room, I have a pretty big living room and a high cieling, so I don't want a "micro heli" but something that is medium size that can also be flown outside, I have a huge lawn and a farm field that I could fly RC Airplanes in but it is waay to windy. ( I tried a Parkzone Micro flyer thing and hit a strong wind and nosedived into a tree.. So I'm gonna see how helis do for me.. So a mediumish sized heli, one that is reliable, easy to use RTF and can take a few hits (no crashes or nosedives but bumping into walls and such... And something that can fly indoors and outside in windy, cold conditions...

Thanks,
Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 PM
BrettOssman

Default RE: Best Beginner Heli for me? Read:

I won't recommend specifics, but I would think anything other than a micro indoors is just asking for disaster. Anything bigger than a micro packs a heck of a wallop if you run into something. Outdoors I would think depends on what kind of wind you are talking about. What is TOO windy? I would get a simulator and a micro to start with, and as you advance your skills, get something big enough to handle your outdoor situation.

Check out this site. Lot's of good info:
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
hellbringer120

I am fairly new to helis and what I have learned in the last year now is if your going to get into helis there are two paths you can go. You can buy heli toys like small micro helis or thigs you find at the mall or you can start with beginner "hobby level" heli. I now have about 7 helis size 450 and smaller and what I would recomend for a heli is a Ready To Fly Blade 450 or a used Blade 400. I also have some RTF Eskys (2 HoneyBee K3s and CP-V2) and Helimax (Axe CP) Heli and what I have found is the RTF Blade with the included DX6i transmiter is really a far better heli then any of the other RTF helis out there. By just owning and learning about the DX6i transmiter you learn leaps and bounds about the hobby. Way more then if you just had another RTF heli. So if you really looking to explore the RC heli world I would recomend a used blade 400 and also a decent simulator. good luck.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 AM
ATVAlliance

Best of both worlds...the Blade Nano CPX or mCPX. 

The nano is a tad smaller, say 100 size like the mSR and the mCPX is just slightly bigger.  Say size of a 120, but just a tad smaller.

Both of these can be flown inside (I suggest you learn to fly it outside first or at least learn to be competent at hovering them), but can be flown outside with winds up to around 10 MPH or so with no ill effects.

Pair either one of these with a decent SIM and put in at elast 40 or more hours of SIM time...you can learn to fly.

The best part about this approach, is once you learn to fly on these micros...there isnt a heli out there that you wont be able to fly.  Also, another benefit is you can learn to fly and spend the least amount of money doing so.