Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Blade mCP X v2 or Blade Nano CP X

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade mCP X v2 or Blade Nano CP X

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Skerts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade mCP X v2 or Blade Nano CP X

It's going to be my first Heli. Ifly planes and own a Spektrum DX7Sso Iplan on buying the BNFversion of one or the other. Iown the phoenix sim and feel confident to hover and generally control the mCPx onthe simbut on paper both the Nano and mCPx seem similiar with the same included options except the Nano is $30 cheaper. Iunderstand that neither of these are beginner Heli's but Iplan to put in a lot of sim time and work my way onto one of them. The heli will be used mostly inside a large gym through the winter months but Iwould like the option of being able to use it outside too. With this in mind, which would you guys recommend and why?

Thanks alot.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 AM
TakeshiSkunk

Default RE: Blade mCP X v2 or Blade Nano CP X

The Nano is cheaper? Are you sure you're not comparing a BNF to an RTF package?

The Nano is basically the new mCPx, from what I hear it corrects all the issues the mCPx had without sacrificing anything. I'd say it's the way to go these days.

The mCPx was about as good as it got for micros, but there were always issues with the tail blowing out due to it being a bit underpowered. This was good for teaching efficient collective management and training you to be a better pilot, but it also limited it aerobatically and made it harder to fly in general. It was never a deal breaker because the little thing is so durable that a crash caused by a blowout most likely wasn't going to put you out of commission.

Now, the Nano is a bit smaller and roughly half the weight of the mCPx while using the same (I'm pretty sure) motor. The result is much better power to weight and a significantly more capable and easy to fly heli. I can't tell you how it flies from personal experience, but I've only heard positive things from people that have them. I was planning to pick one up myself for our indoor flying this winter.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:36 PM
dooleyje

Default RE: Blade mCP X v2 or Blade Nano CP X

I would choose the Nano. It is what the MCPX should have been. BNF 149 and RTF 189... My MCPX flies great but it took 150 bucks of upgrades just to get it to fly decent.

Jim