Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Buzzing MCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Buzzing MCPX

Do the Blade MCPX's little motor on the servos normally set and buzz when the heli is just setting there? If I have the throttle hold on I can adjust my sticks and make it not buzz.. I'm new to all this, so just wondering if I have it set up right.. I been trying to follow videos by a Finless Bob I think it was and another one here
    www.youtube.com/watch
    I watched another MCPX setup and the guy left all the the AUTO D/R EXP set to INH... I think the INH is off and Finless Bob says to turn them on.. I guess I should go with FB's but I really haven't a why I am doing this.. I know it has something to do with the pitch curves etc.. but this is all Very New to me!
    Bill

Edit: A little more info, it is the Pitch servo that is whining and it's smallest gear is spinning like crazy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Buzzing MCPX

Haha... I'm the Onlyperson that owns a Blade MCP X ? I better put this baby on a shelf and try and sell this rare item later in life !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmm.... Faulty servo? Mabye it has some dust in it? Mabye you didn't initialize it properly?

The servos on the MCPX will always jitter. Not sure about the buzzing though...
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the RTF that came with the DX4e TX and it does buzz when I plug in the heli battery. Sure is a kick to fly!! If a small servo gear is spinning, something is wrong. These are liner actuation type of servos, the little gear should no be moving/turning with no Tx input (sticks in the neutral position).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like you pushed the battery in too far. Same thing happened to me... After pulling it out a bit everything was fine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill, there's only really two things to watch out for and they are - after a crash make sure the white main gear is pushed back up so there is no vertical play on the main shaft and make sure the battery lead does not rub against the main gear.

I wouldnt worry to much about buzzing and the jittering servos Bill, just fly the life out of it. Itll teach you so much when you move on to bigger and more elaborate Helicopters.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Definitely the Servo.. I took that little guy apart and flipped servos. I took a quiet Elevator Servo and switched it with the noisy Pitch Servo.. The problem followed the Servo, so it isn't my settings.. That's what I get for buying E-Bay.. Brand New too...! Haha I didn't even get to crash it myself and have to repair it !

OR is there some way to fix or clean this one?

Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can clean it youself by taking the servo off the board and using methelated spirits and a cotton swab. When cleaning the little 'fingers' just clean in the one direction so that you dont bend them out of shape.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: john josey

You can clean it youself by taking the servo off the board and using methelated spirits and a cotton swab. When cleaning the little 'fingers' just clean in the one direction so that you dont bend them out of shape.
    What little fingers? The gear teeth? Sorry, beginner here..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BillinIndiana

ORIGINAL: john josey

What little fingers? The gear teeth? Sorry, beginner here..

Hi Bill, no not the teeth on the gear. If you un-screw the servo from the heli and then un-screw the five (i think) screws that hold the actuall servo to the little PCB, when you separate those you will then see the fingers. It is quite fiddly bill, make sure you do any work over a white towel or similar so you dont loose any screws.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know if I said this or not, but it's the little gear that is constantly spinning making this buzz... Will dirty "fingers" make it do this? I can flipp the throttle hold on and move up the throttle stick and I can find a small spot where it goes away as the swash plate raises..
    Again, sorry if I'm repeating.. I didn't read back through my own thread..lol

Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The whining motor. small gear, got worse and then it wouldn't raise the swash plate anymore..Took the servo apart and cleaned the fingers and the track, but it didn't do anything..

Ordered a SPMA2000LBBas an replacement... problaby should have bought a few of them, now that I think about it. huh?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BillinIndiana

The whining motor. small gear, got worse and then it wouldn't raise the swash plate anymore..Took the servo apart and cleaned the fingers and the track, but it didn't do anything..

Ordered a SPMA2000LBBas an replacement... problaby should have bought a few of them, now that I think about it. huh?
    If the motor is whining bill it's because it has stalled, that could be a bit of grit or even a hair wrapped round it. You should be able to move the little white gear easily and the servo 'arm' should move up and down the screwed spline with no resistance.

Let us know what you find.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I looked a little closer...I can spin the little gear without spinning the big and vice-versa. Looks like the little gears teeth might be a little stripped. I don't see a way to get the gears closer as far as horizontally. Vertically they line up fine.. It's a shame I did a quick search and can't find anywhere thatI can by just the gears..?