Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HELI SPINNING

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:53 PM
helimaxx21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELI SPINNING

I HAVE 2 DIFFERENT HELI'S...AND THEY BOTH SPIN RAPIDLY TO THE LEFT,WHEN I HIT THE THROTTLE. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:07 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELI SPINNING

Could be any number of things. Can you tell us what helicopters they are ?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 PM
helimaxx21

ONE IS A 26'' DOUBLEHORSE 9104.....THE OTHER IS A SMALLER,CHEAPER PROPEL SKYFORCE.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME......
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
KRASHKOPTER
My Feedback: (1)

I had a similar issue when I was still flying my DH 9117. It is identical to the 9104 cept for the swash and other *4-ch* related items. It turned out to be the tail motor was shot....replaced it and problem solved.
Yours may be the same but I am a noob myself and am only offering what I experienced...hope this helps....]

KRASH
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 AM
helimaxx21

I WISH THAT'S ALL IT WAS........BUT,IT WORKS FINE. THANKS FOR TRYING,AND YOUR TIME.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 AM
john josey

ORIGINAL: helimaxx21

ONE IS A 26'' DOUBLEHORSE 9104.....THE OTHER IS A SMALLER,CHEAPER PROPEL SKYFORCE.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME......
I have no experience with those heli's but if you bear with me, i'll have a look on-line and see if i can figure it out for you.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM
helimaxx21

SURE THING........I APPRECIATE,ANY AND ALL HELP I CAN GET.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
john josey

I've looked on-line and cant see any close-up pictures to see whats going on. You have two different helicopters with the same problem, that may be telling us something.

Do you use the same transmitter for both helis ?

Are the trim levers in the cantre on the transmitter ?

Where you fly them is it possible there may be hair or similar wound round the tail rotor shaft causing drag ?

It maybe that the motors are just weak through use and although work, are not strong enough to do the job any more.

Is the tail rotor still a tight fit on the shaft and not slipping ?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 PM
jeeper80

I have a similar issue with my Double Horse 9116. I noticed for the past 2 days that it would twitchsideways a bit while hovering. Finally, today it started reallyacting funny, spinning, etc., and now that's all it will do . It will lift off but the tail rotor has no authority. I changed the tail rotor/motor but no difference. I am assuming the gyro went out so I ordered a new receiver. Hopefully that's the fix. This thingsbeen crashed a lotand it's a wonder it's lasted this long.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM
jeeper80

ORIGINAL: jeeper80

I have a similar issue with my Double Horse 9116. I noticed for the past 2 days that it would twitchsideways a bit while hovering. Finally, today it started reallyacting funny, spinning, etc., and now that's all it will do . It will lift off but the tail rotor has no authority. I changed the tail rotor/motor but no difference. I am assuming the gyro went out so I ordered a new receiver. Hopefully that's the fix. This thingsbeen crashed a lotand it's a wonder it's lasted this long.
Well, I found the problem. Apparently the original tail rotor motor was going bad. The replacement rotor/motor did the samething (actually worse than the original) because I found that the factory wired the replacement backwards. The tail rotor was spiinning CW instead of CCW as it should be. I cut the wires and spliced them together in the corrrect polarity and the copter flies great now.

Just a follow up on my earlier post. I don't intend to throw this thread off on a tangent.