Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

nano cpx won't bind

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM
a70eliminator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default nano cpx won't bind

When I first plug the battery in the 3-1 blue led light flashes once followed by a continuous fluttering, the heli was fine on it's last flight no problem so I did the binding proceedure a few times with no luck, tried fresh charged reciever batteries too, transmitter batteries seem fine, is it likely that my reciever could have suddenly gone bad? I don't know what to try next.
I think the fluttering blue led from the 3-1 reciever controller may be the key but not sure what it's telling us, the manual indictes the blinking light but this is more like a flutter, as blinking too fast to count.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM
dooleyje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nano cpx won't bind

Hey bud re read the directions You have to bind in specific manner 2 ways, one for non computer radio and the other one for computer radio. On a non cop radio you have to time correctly when to push left stick to the left at the precise manner and the computer radion requires a right push. It takes me several times to get it right myself. Remember to always turn the transmitterr on first or you well get to do it all over again..

Jim
Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
a70eliminator

I can read and I do comprehend all that and i have tried several times, I just don't remeber the blue light fluttering, it originally blinks on and off until binding locks on but the fluttering I just don't remeber it ever doing that before.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 AM
ATVAlliance

All of my BNF Blade helis, quads "flutter" the blue LED in the "bind mode". I have an mSR, mCPX and mQX and all three act basically the same.

What I consider, as you are calling "flutter"...is the blue LED rapidly flashing on and off. Definitely not "blinking", per my definition would be on 1 second off 1 second. The rapid flash of on/off is much much faster.

And I second what someone above said. Once you have it bound...ALWAYS turn the TX on first, then the model (RX). If not...you wont necesarrily have to rebind...but you will have to disconnect the model batt and then turn on your TX again...followed by plugging in battery to the RX.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM
a70eliminator

Ok right I saw a u-tube of the fluttering light in bind mode, thats what it's doing.
I then hold the trainer button while powering on the radio, then move throttle stick to the left and release the trainer button, continus to hold left throttle but no binding happens, I've done this in different areas of my house as well as outside, the rx antenna is in position and looks ok. I did the proceedure to verify the dx4 wasn't inadvertenly put into France mode too.
It's got to be something simple I hope, also all switches off and sticks neutral throttle trim full down.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM
ATVAlliance

Are you sure you dont have your throttle reversed?I dont have a Nano, but do have a RTF mcpx which came with a DX5e TX. The 5e has dipswitches to reverse the servos. If your throttle is reversed...at full down, it would think it was WOT (wide open throttle).

If thats not it, Im not real sure what to suggest next.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 AM
a70eliminator

Thats a good thought, although I think it would be difficult to accidently reverse the throttle switch but I wilol check that tonight when I get home for sure.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM
ATVAlliance

You didnt say which TX you were using. And I have no idea if the Nano comes with a DX4elike the mCPXBNF comes with. For all I know it comes with one of the cheaper xbox looking 2.4 TX units (which BTW doesnt have the servo reversing dips on it), or if you are using a DX6i or DX7 or what.

If you are using a DX6 or higher...I dont think you need to do anything with pushing rudder while binding. I think that is only for the cheaper BNF TX and which ones Im not even sure of.

But, without a doubt...if your throttle is reversed, that would cause the symptom you are experiencing...as well as other things too, Im sure.

Just part of the troubleshooting process. Process of elimination.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 AM
a70eliminator

Thanks ATV sorry for the lack of info, it is a spectrum dx-4 that came with it, the servo reverse dips are right there in front but kinda recessed where you need a small tool to switch them.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
ATVAlliance

Okay...good to know that now, or at least good info for the thread in case someone else has anything to chime in about.

Even though I bought a RTFmCPX, I never used the DX4e with it.I only bought it as RTF because it was being cleared out at my LHS since the v.2 had been released...so it was actually cheaper for me to buy a RTF v.1 than a BNFv.2.

Anyway...have you tried binding it without using the rudder input? I only ask this because I mainly use my DX4 for my SIM controller now. But I do fly my mSR with it and have bound it to an ultra micro Cub too. Both of which I never had to do rudder input to get it to bind.

So...if you havent tried it with just the bind button and no rudder...try that. Also, I find that it takes longer for my DX4 to bind than my DX7. Maybe twice as long...although I have never timed it.

goodluck
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
ATVAlliance

Also, one more thing to add.  Im not sure if the DX4 has a switch for throttle hold (probably does I just cant remember and am at work right now unable to look at mine) switch.  But try it in both positions, when binding.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:43 PM
a70eliminator

I spoke with a Horizon tech and we tried a couple things over the phone, he suggested repace the board.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:44 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Before you resort to a new board; do be sure the idle-up is off. Iknow that's basic stuff.

Also, before you move the rudder stick to the left, the lights on the transmitter have to blink twice. Then you release the button and hold left until the heli responds. Turn them both off then turn them back on.

For some reason I had to re-bind my MCPx because it had full function except that the swash wasn't increasing pitch with the throttle. It would just stay at the bottom and essentially Ihad constant negative pitch. I'm not sure what did it but, I've seen other weird phenomenon with Spektrum radios; including a full, loose control catasrophe.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:40 AM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had issues as well with the nano, sometimes it wont link to the TX first time, it takes a couple of goes, and the odd time it will lose it's bind altogether. It has started to settle down now for some reason. I've had it since the end of october.

It has nothing on the 130x, that's into double figures to bind and 5 or 6 times to get it to link to go for a flight.  i have no doubt the board is at fault.

TX is the JR 12x

All my other Bind 'n' fly stuff is as it should be.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
a70eliminator

Got my new board installed today and She linked right up on the first ping. I'm back!!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought it would be difficult to out-do the Mcpx, but the nano has. As soon as i flew the nano i knew my Mcpx would be moved on. The nano has defo more 'punch' in the collective and i've yet to have the tail let go, even flat out backwards. A fantastic little heli.

Good that you finally have it sorted.