Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

beginner for Heli

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 AM
sunnytks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner for Heli

Dear all,
I am new in RC heli and i am targeting Align Trex 500 and want to upgrade their servos and batteries. Do you guys have any suggestions and where i can find a good combodeal online.
thanks,
Sunny

Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 AM
ATVAlliance

Default RE: beginner for Heli

ORIGINAL: sunnytks

Dear all,
I am new in RC heli and i am targeting Align Trex 500 and want to upgrade their servos and batteries. Do you guys have any suggestions and where i can find a good combodeal online.
thanks,
Sunny

If you are new there will be absolutely nothing wrong with going with the Align branded servos that come in the super combo. I wouldnt waste money on upgrading that until you are ready for 3D, and even then the stock servos would probably suffice unless your skills are PRO level.

If I were you, I would spend that money on spare parts..or even rebuild kits for the stock servos or at the very least to buy extra packs, which even cheap packs arent that cheap.

I dont know what battery comes with the super combo (5 or 6 cells) but I run my 500 with Blue Lipo brand (cheap) 5 cells and it performs fine for my skill level. I have heard of people running their 500's on 6 cells...but like I said...at my skill level 5 cells give me plenty of power to do the flying that I do. Plus I run 4000mah packs which give me a really good flight time compared to a smaller mah 6 cell pack I would assume.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM
jackeylewis

i have no good idea, but you can search it on these big online shop, such as amazon, eBay etc, in there must have many choices.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 PM
sunnytks

THanks man! this is very help
Sunny
Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 AM
markmark786

6S is the way to go... You can tame down the headspeed by using a smaller pinion (11 tooth) on the motor. 6s will also be more efficient as it will take less amps to make the same power (P = V*I). I flew 6s 2650s in my original trex 500 and could routinely get 6-7 minute flights.I get some help from ******** and get my heli from here i think this will help you.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 AM
ATVAlliance

ORIGINAL: markmark786

6S is the way to go... You can tame down the headspeed by using a smaller pinion (11 tooth) on the motor. 6s will also be more efficient as it will take less amps to make the same power (P = V*I). I flew 6s 2650s in my original trex 500 and could routinely get 6-7 minute flights.I get some help from******** and get my heli from here i think this will help you.
Yeah, I know a lot of people use 6 cells on their 500's. But I have no issues with mine on 5 for my skill level (only been flying helis now for 2 years). And by using 5s4000mah packs...I can get 10 minute flights all day long and if I wanted to go all the way to LVC, I could go somewhere around 12 minutes. I set my timer for 10minutes and my packs usually read around 3.6 VPC when I land.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 AM
judithangels

If you are beginner you must start with a small ,simple heli.However you can start with Carbon Single Blade RCHelicopter.If you are beginner and want to learn how to fly a single blade helicopter then this is a goodchoice.Hope it is best for you.