Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

wondering what heli a beginner should buy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

wondering what heli a beginner should buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 PM
mkturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wondering what heli a beginner should buy

I am a beginner in helicopters and I was wondering what kind of helicopter I should get.I have been looking at this heli-max axe cp 2.4GHz RTF helicopter has everything with it neede battery and allfor $199.99 is this a good price.I know I can get parts for it in case I wreck which I already know is part of the hobby because I am in R/C airplanes.I also have a simulator so I can practice on it.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 AM
ATVAlliance

Default RE: wondering what heli a beginner should buy

If you can get parts for it, why not?...is what I say.

I am partial to the Blade mCPX.  Cant say its a better heli than the Axe CP since I have never flown one.  But I do know the Blade mCPX is a real durable heli and in the same price point.  If you could wait another week, they are coming out with the version 3 of the mCPX which IMO will be the best micro CP heli out there since this one will be brushless right out of the box.  However, the price point for that one will be around 230 dollars. 
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
jackeylewis

maybe you can buy a cheaper ones, since you are a new beginner, you could buy a cheap one to learn, and when master the skill , then you can change to buy a professional one. there is a good website, i have ever bought a helicopter in it, maybe you can search on it.
http://www.aurabuy.com/rc-toys-acces...pters-ufo.html
Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
mkturbo

I looked at Horizon Hobby ,because they have blade products and the ones that I saw looked kind of small because I am going to fly outside i dont know if that matters. But the blades didlook like very good helicopters.A place you can look at the heli max axe cp is at the heli max site.you can also watch the videos of it not the heli max axe cp 100 but the heli max axe cp.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 PM
ATVAlliance

I cant say for sure that all micro CP helis are equal as I have only flown the 2 Blade ones...Nano CPX and mCPX.  I think the Nano is a bit better heli, its only real downfall (for me anyway) is that it is even smaller than the mCPX.

I cant attest to how the heli max handles wind...I would assume it should handle it at as well as the mCPX...which does fine outside and in the wind.  Id say I have flown mine in 10 MPH gusts...and it was a bit of a handful, but 5-8 it handles very well.

Id say the big thing in deciding on which one, would be which Transmitter you either already own, or interested in buying.

The Blade helis are BNF capable with Spektrum and JR radios.  The Heli Max I think you either need to purchase an Any Link module or have a Futaba or Tactic radio.

Both come in RTF versions with tx included.  So if you have no intentions of buying/owning a good programmable radio...then I say get whichever one you feel you like better.