Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Back into flying

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Electrician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back into flying

Figured this was best place to post. Used to fly old concept 60 nitro getting back but this time electrics looking at trex 550e I'm mostly a mellow flyer no crazy tricks as of yet but want some opinions. Thinking 550 decent size still only 1 battery keep cost somewhat down fly airless system that comes from align and 8 channel transmitter spectrum I will take any opinions with thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Back into flying

Get yourself at lest two more battery packs. The average pilot flies three times with flight times of around 6-10 minutes. I did my charging at home but if you don't want to do that purchase an ac/dc charger such as a Trinatron and an automotive 12V DC car battery. I flew an Align 600E and ended up selling it because I missed the sounds and smell of a nitro machine. I have been away from helicopters for 6 years and like yourself I got the bug once again. I switched from Align to Thunder Tiger and now have a 50 SE and 90 SE. Align downsized the 600 series in favor of the 550 I don't why maybe it was a cost factor.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Electrician

Thanks nitro was fun but going to try electric. again was thinking 550 because of only 1 pack. However found a 700 for $950 needs 2 batteries but I see the 6s turnigys 5000 30 c at HK for about $70- I,m considering this also. Thoughts on this battery and company. Local shop selling venoms at 150 huge difference
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 AM
Electrician

Looked again going to stay with 550 for replacement parts cost. Not looking to crash but inevitable will do practice on sim while building.