Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

What is my helicopter???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

What is my helicopter???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Rc Cub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is my helicopter???

I am new to the Rc world and I have recently bought a Rc helicopter called the kingco k5 but I went to go look it up online and I cannot find it. I bought it at a market so it might be from china or something. If anybody can send me a link or tell me where to find information about this helicopter please tell me. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88245.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1882468  
Old 05-16-2013, 12:39 PM
ATVAlliance

Default RE: What is my helicopter???

Appears to be one of the many 3 channel co-axial helis that are flooded in the market today.  Hard to tell what it is, at least by me anyway as I dont fly those any longer and never really got into them anyway.

They are basically throw away toy grade helis that get people interested in the hobby.  Once you master it, you will grow bored of it and want to be challenged more and move up to a FP or even a CP heli.

They are good for what they are...cheap toy to get your interest sparked.  Not much use in trying to find parts or repair them.  Just be careful and not slam it into any walls or furniture and just have fun with it.  When it breaks...trash it and buy another one.  Helis like that can be had for 30 bucks or less almost anywhere online.

Welcome to the hobby.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Rc Cub

Thanks man! that helicopter is what got me into this I guess I got ripped of because they sold me this one for 80 bucks.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:33 AM
ATVAlliance

ORIGINAL: Rc Cub

Thanks man! that helicopter is what got me into this I guess I got ripped of because they sold me this one for 80 bucks.
Yeah, I would say 80 bucks is a little on the high side. Maybe the heli is larger than I assumed, based on the picture provided. Not much to reference for scale. So, if it is say around a 450 size airframe...then 80 dollars might be a little closer to the actual worth of it.

Still, 80 bucks is a small price to pay to see if RC helicopters interest you. You wont be able to buy a set of blades for some helicopters for 80 bucks...so just look at it that way.

If this heli got your attention...your next one should be a FP or even a micro CP one. I suggest you have a look at Blades line of helis. Also, if you go for CP and skip FP...look at a flight SIM to help you learn the basics of hovering a CP heli and orientation. I started with Clear View (good SIM for 40 bucks online download) and taught myself to fly. Phoenix SIM is another good one, but costs considerably more...around 120 or so bucks.

Anyway...goodluck and welcome to the addiction most of us call RC.