Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

RC Helis are not toys!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

RC Helis are not toys!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:41 PM
TongDaWei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Helis are not toys!

i have a walkera dragonfly 4 its small but can still do abit a damage to a person when the blades are spinning at 1500rpm, Because im learning how to fly ( i cant even hover yet!) i use the heli in my bedroom, so im out the way of my wife a kid. i take all the furniture out the room so i have alot of space, BUT its still not realy enough room and because ive still had my legs hit and hit the wall about 5 times, today i made a heli pad!it was a great idea,,,its a square piece of mdf wood board about 2 feet (square) ive painted the heli pad sign on it.. it looks good but does alot more!ive screwed and metal ring in the centre of the heli pad and i tied some strong and thick fishing line to the ring, the line is about 30" inches long(just over 2 feet) on the end of the line is a light weight fishing hook clip,i fix the clip to the centre of my training kit on my heli. job done! the heli is now alot safer it cant hit the walls or me it can only hit the floor,because im new at rc heli this is a good and safe way of learning to fly in your home,,,,it is very cheap and easy to make works very well and makes our hobby alot safer..... I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND YOU MAKE ONE IF YOUR LEARNING!When flying or hovering or in my case trying to, dont let the fishing line get tight it wont snap if you have used strong line but it can make your flying abit harder and i guess your motor wont like it to much ether but it wont damage anything... if anything it will safe you money on parts like landing gear and blades...... so be careful when you play with your beloved rc heli.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11609.jpg
Views:	3306
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1886387  
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

Hope that gets better! What is the rotor size and material its made of, its electric I assume? I'm getting really scared of helis now!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Solman

Was that damage done by the dragonfly? What I would seriously recommend instead of using fishing line is to fly it outside. Flying in a small space does not allow you to maneuver.