Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Best Servo ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:10 PM
sierracharlie
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Servo ?

Getting ready to build my 1st heli from kit form. A Thunder Tiger 325 SE. What do you think would be the best servos and gyro for this machine? I will be using a Futaba RX.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 PM
BubbasanJohn

Default RE: Best Servo ?

I would go by the specs listed in the heli's manual and get futaba servos that match it.  Same for gyro or FBL controller.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Barrymartin

Default RE: Best Servo ?

ORIGINAL: sierracharlie

Getting ready to build my 1st heli from kit form. A Thunder Tiger 325 SE. What do you think would be the best servos and gyro for this machine? I will be using a Futaba RX.
Choosing the right servo depends on different factors. You have to consider the type of RC batteries you are using, the size, speed, and of course, torque. I also recommend futaba servos which is match with this machine, Futaba provides stand-out technology at an amazing value. You are sure to find the servo you need for any radio control model.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Solman

Servos do not have to match the receiver. It makes no difference at all. What you do want to match is the servos to the heli. I have had great success with the Hitec 5065 for cyclic. It is a digital servo and can be used with flybar or flybarless. If you don't go with the hitec, you can use them as a comparison. For the tail servo, I've had success with the Futaba 9257. It can also be used on a 500 size heli, so more than enough for a 450 size heli. For gyro, are you going FBL? For FBL, choices are almost endless. It all depends on what features you want and how much you want to spend.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:17 PM
PulseXT40

The best servo would probably be a set of MKS. Expensive but the best.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:14 AM
ATVAlliance

That heli is a 450 size one. That being said...I use Hitec HS65MG's on cyclic and HS5087MG on the rudder.

Ive been running these for 3 years now of light flying and not a single problem out of them thus far.

Not cheap, but not too expensive either.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Solman

HS65 are good, but are also analog. I would recommend paying a few dollars more and buying digital servos. That way if you go FBL, you will already have digital servos.

The best servo would probably be a set of MKS. Expensive but the best.
MKS has a very good reputation, but I would not say the best. There are others that have quite a good reputation as well.

Last edited by Solman; 09-17-2013 at 05:25 PM.