Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

What is the best helicopter for a beginner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

What is the best helicopter for a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 07:02 AM
tjk2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best helicopter for a beginner

I really want to get a decent helicopter that will last, but I don't have lots of money also it would be a bonus if it could fly indoor and out, also can you reply soon plz thanks.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Most of the decent beginner helicopters are going to cost you at least a 100 bucks. If you want to fly it outside then you need at least a helicopter like the Blade mCPX which will run you 150 - 200 bucks. Even then you can only fly in light breezes. If you get anything bigger and crash it then your budget just got "beat up". You are better off getting a nice little indoor helicopter to learn on then save for a "nicer" outdoor helicopter when you get good enough to fly it without crashing.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Better than ONE helicopter, get yourself a good simulator. There you will have a choice of several helicopters, several flying sites, and several weather conditions. All in one package. Downside is that all of the good simulators are over the $150 mark.

Let's be brutally honest here. How much is too much in your budget? Because we can tailor the responses better if we have a ballpark figure. Real2You is close to giving you the scrape bottom of what is considered the division between hobby grade and department store grade rc stuff.

Rafael
Old 09-13-2013, 07:49 AM
tjk2013

Thanks both of you i think i will look at an indoor heli then when i have got the feel for it i might make the step up to outdoor.
Thanks again

Toby
Old 09-17-2013, 08:34 AM
georgiz

There r lots of helies for the beginners to play with like this one http://dx.com/p/usb-rechargeable-3-c...r-remote-32694 , which is cheap and you wouldn't b sorry if it gets broken...
Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Georgiz is right in that there are a lot of heli's to have fun with. BUT....is your goal to fly an outdoor collective pitch heli one day? A lot of those helicopters have different controls. You fly those 3 channel copters and you get good and have a lot of fun...then you buy the next grade up and your fingers and "muscle memory" screw you all up and you have to "re-program" your brain and fingers.