Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Hey all. Complete beginner needs help!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hey all. Complete beginner needs help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 05:07 AM
UkFlyingNoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey all. Complete beginner needs help!!!

Hey everyone, I need help please.

I bought a TT Raptor v2 along with a Futaba 35mgz radio and started to learn to hover, I'm still not able to hover for more than 10 seconds, that's how new I am; and I'm getting so frustrated.
I don't mind the frustration because I was told this would happen. Anyway, I wasn't getting much stick time as other were on the same band so I found a great deal on a brand new kit only 2.4ghz model. I bought myself a nice shiney Walkera Devolution 8s radio to go with the new raptor v2 to use as a 'best' once I can finally fly.
my problem is that the old boys I fly with are all using Futaba, Spektrum and JR radio gear and have never heard of what I thought was an all singing and dancing radio so I can't set it up right.
i can kinda understand the principles behind the manual but my inexperience is showing when I don't know what things means or what setting values to input.
is there anybody out there with the experience of both the raptor 30 v2 and the Devo 8s who can help me with an idiots guide to pairing the two and settings for an absolute newbie???

thanks in advance.

Alex
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 AM
UkFlyingNoob

No ideas???
Old 10-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Raptor but no nothing of the Revolution radio. raptortechnique.com is a website that will give you a lot of good information on raptor heli's. There may be something there to give you some help.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
UkFlyingNoob

Thanks real. Reply much appreciated.