Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Innova KDS 450QS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 03:27 AM
ldevotta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innova KDS 450QS

Dear KDS 450QS Owner

I am a newbie to 450. (I have experience with few 3-4 channel Heli's.)

While on a Visit to Malaysia I purchased a 4 channel heli, Innova KDS 450QS. The sales agent hovered and showed me that the bird flies.

After returning to Colombo. I howevered it just once, the feeling was very different but not too tough to control.

Then I did a crazy thing - I was playing around with the transmitter and accidently changed some settings (I did not note down the original values.). After the change the heli hovers very irratically and difficult to control. e.g, The tail swings as the rotor speed changes, forward movement has a rolling tendency etc etc etc.

I referenced the web and changed the values to default. There I made small changes to one control at a time and observed the heli's reaction. However I've not been able to get it back to being smooth.

1. Can you please be kind to send me the actual transmitter settings specially the PLA - Swash Plate settings.

2. Is there a sequence to start setting up eg start with the pitch. then the rudder etc.....

(remember please don't give deafult values I already have the starting reference values. I want your current setup values)

Many Thanks in advance
Old 10-09-2013, 08:50 AM
ldevotta

Dear Members,

I'm so lost please please please please help me.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 AM
ATVAlliance

I dont think you will get much help with someone posting the settings you need to get your heli back to where it was. Not because people dont want to be helpful, but because a list of settings here on this site doesnt really mean much for YOUR helicopter.

You see, first step of setting up a CP heli is to get everything adjusted mechanically trim and centered. Not until then do you worry about your curves and swash mix travel adjust...etc.

Saying that, I could post to you my DX7 settings for my 450 and you could program your radio to those exact settings and it could actually make your heli worse...not better.

So...I suggest you search for some Finless Bob setup videos and watch them until it makes sense to you and then fine tune your heli. Because not only is the learning curve very large for learning to fly a CP heli...its just as high when it comes to setting them up as well. Lots of information to take in and understand, but once you do understand it...setting up your heli wont be nearly as intimidating.

goodluck!