Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Blade MCX to Blade 400 Transistion, steep learnng curve!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade MCX to Blade 400 Transistion, steep learnng curve!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 06:53 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade MCX to Blade 400 Transistion, steep learnng curve!

Hello, I have a blade MCX which is very easy to fly and I have made a few mods to make it a bit more exciting. I want to learn how to fly more complex models but I have been struggling with my next step. I had a Blade CP for awhile and found it very difficult to hover and finally sold it and bought a Blade 400. I found some beginner setups and programed the DX6 as suggested. I am able to hover the 400 and move around in a four square pattern (tail towards me) but it is still very stressful and I find my self making frequent repairs due to my unpolished skills.
So my question: Is there a helicopter that is halfway in the middle between the MCX and the 400, something I will find challenging and fun at the same time? The 400 is challenging but I am usually only good for a half of a battery and then I am stressed out.

Comments, suggestion or even different beginner setups are all very welcome.
Thank you
Cameron
Old 11-13-2013, 11:06 AM
ATVAlliance

Blade mCPX or Nano cPX.

They are micro CP helis that can do just about anything their bigger brothers can, BUT can take abuse and crashes...often without breaking anything.

I feel that my mCPX has taught me more about flying CP helis than any one other thing.

Now that the mCPX BL is out, you can find killer deals on the older v1 and v2 ones.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:07 AM
[email protected]

I just pulled up some videos on this mCPX and it looks like it can really perform. I am not that good so I am wondering how well I could handle this in level realistic looking flight profiles. I want to learn so I can handle my Blade 400. The 400 can be a bit scary if you loose control of it; it's big enough to hurt you. Anyway; I guess I want to know if this little guy is easier to fly than the 400. I don't want much easier as I can hover my 400 without causing too much excitement.
Thank you
Old 11-16-2013, 05:32 AM
[email protected]

After a bit more reading reviews and finding a great deal, I bought a mSR X from A Main Hobbies for $54 bucks. I tried it out last night and damn that little thing is fast. I have to do a bit more programming on my DX6 to slow the controls but I think this will allow me to learn a lot. I find this challenging but I think I can handle it with out risking any ones life. I have already crashed it about a dozen times and have not broke any parts yet. I learned right away that you need to lift it away from the ground quickly, I can't seam to control it in ground effect; I guess that will come with more stick time. All in all; I feel this was a great choice in my learning curve, If I get it down I will buy a mCP X next. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:35 AM
CarTech487

I went from a mcx to a blade 450 3D. The first thing I did was install training gear which saved me a few times. It was a little intimidating at first but after a few flights and playing on the simulator it was like flying any of the micro helis