Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

what should i buy next?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

what should i buy next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:19 AM
tfbowen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i buy next?

hi all,i am fairly new to helis at this time I am flying a v912 and have had a lot of fun,so far I can go most of the time with out crashing.i would like to go a little bigger and better but stick to something that is still designed for a beginner.i have found that the bigger helis a re easier to fly.i don't know if I am ready for a cp heli yet but if there is one in the 300 or 400 size give me some ideas.thanks,tom
Old 03-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll give an opinion....if you can fly a coaxial or fixed pitch.....then you can fly a mCPX(or equivalent). It's small...but very durable. You WILL learn to fly a CP heli. You crash a 300 to 400 size heli and it will start getting expensive. You crash the mCPX and you pick it up and keep flying(most of the time). I have nose-dived from 40 feet and the thing popped a link off. No big deal...put it back on and kept flying. Parts are pretty cheap also when you need them. Another thing....it will fly in a light breeze. Hovering is easy also.....so it's a great little heli to learn collective pitch in my opinion.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:04 AM
tfbowen

thanks real2you I will look into that.i want a bigger one but you are right,i know that when I crashed my 912 it did some damage.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:58 AM
torelentless

Also agree I just got a nano cpx for cp practice. very tough little heli and you can get the bnf for 100 bucks now. its smaller then what you want but a couple bad crashes on a larger cp heli will pay for it. blade also makes a brushless plug and play kit for the nano that gives it 20% more power. It is very twitchy at first bullet blades help. Thats the way i went.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Muckyme123

Stick with the v912 or just a little bigger the F645. Lots of parts and they're cheap. Try some upgrades to the v912. I'm looking into trying the Extreme Big Lama's 380 ball bearing motor. It claims to be rebuildable and the bearings would make it run much cooler plus the 380 is just a little more motor from the stock v912's t370. I'm going to buy it and see. The motor is only $12-13 dollars. Then I'll be searching for a tail motor upgrade and change to a metal swash plate. Still lots of Frankensteining to be done before I jump into something bigger. Oh and to stop the fly bar from hitting the tail boom I'm installing the $1.50 stopper fro the F645.