Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

e-razor 250 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:10 PM
bignuggets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-razor 250 problem

I got my e-razor 250 yesterday and many problems cropped up. First, I am an intermediate flyer. Honey Bee 3 is my favorite.

1. The gyro was mounted at a 45 degree angle. Straightened it out.
2. The tiny set screw that holds the tail rotor to the tail shaft was loose. The tail rotor would just sit there and not spin. In fact there is an indentation on the shaft that the set screw mounts in. Set screw tightened down. Now it works.
3. The tail boom was installed crooked. Loosened 4 screws that hold it firmly in the rear body and repositioned the boom. Now the tail boom and tail rotor look straight.
4. My first flight ended when, about 3 or 4 inches off the ground, the 250 banked hard to the right. Other than a few dings in the blades there was no other damage.
5. The lipo battery that came with the heli lasts about 3 minutes maximum.
6. I am able to spool it up so long as I have the skids gently touching the ground. The heli wants to spin counter clock wise. Full trim hardly affects the spin.

These are the problems. I am calling Nitroplanes tomorrow and explain the situation. I really think the gyro is a big problem. Any advise about getting a better gyro? Or comments about these problems?

Thanks

Last edited by bignuggets; 05-07-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:37 PM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by bignuggets
I got my e-razor 250 yesterday and many problems cropped up. First, I am an intermediate flyer. Honey Bee 3 is my favorite.

1. The gyro was mounted at a 45 degree angle. Straightened it out.
2. The tiny set screw that holds the tail rotor to the tail shaft was loose. The tail rotor would just sit there and not spin. In fact there is an indentation on the shaft that the set screw mounts in. Set screw tightened down. Now it works.
3. The tail boom was installed crooked. Loosened 4 screws that hold it firmly in the rear body and repositioned the boom. Now the tail boom and tail rotor look straight.
4. My first flight ended when, about 3 or 4 inches off the ground, the 250 banked hard to the right. Other than a few dings in the blades there was no other damage.
5. The lipo battery that came with the heli lasts about 3 minutes maximum.
6. I am able to spool it up so long as I have the skids gently touching the ground. The heli wants to spin counter clock wise. Full trim hardly affects the spin.

These are the problems. I am calling Nitroplanes tomorrow and explain the situation. I really think the gyro is a big problem. Any advise about getting a better gyro? Or comments about these problems?

Thanks
to me sounds like a tail rotor problem! is your tail rotor working in both directions? left and right when you move the tail rotor control stick? not just one direction? also check you tail rotor servo and make sure your servo is centered. i know if the servo is not centered it can do funny things like the tail rotor will only cycle in one direction and not the other. also check your tail rotor assembly and make sure its working free and nothing is binding on it.it could be the gyro how are your setting on the gyro are they pretty much centered? try adjusting the gyro and see if that helps just a little at a time. hope this helps.
also on your set screws be a good idea to use some thread locker on anything your fixing metal to metal so it don't come lose in flight on ya.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:31 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

if you scuffed the blades the your probably looking at replacing the either feathering shaft and maybe even the main shaft as they are pretty weak. and the balance might be off now depending how deep the scuffs are on the main blades. 250s are very quick little birds !! imho you maybe should have gone to the 450 or even the 500 size but thats just my opinion. i have a 250 thats fun to fly but the lil guy will get out of control pretty darn quick if you arent tending to it.