Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Blade MCX 2 will not fly

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade MCX 2 will not fly

Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 AM
jbrlty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade MCX 2 will not fly

My Blade MCX 2 suddenly will not fly. It is bound, after the lights are solid and ready and the throttle is pushed, the rotors start to move and then the lights go out and nothing happens. After setting for a few seconds the lights come back on and you can very slowly push the throttle and the upper rotor starts to go but as soon as the lower rotor moves the lights go out and nothing more happens. I have changed the batteries in the control unit but that did no good. I have no idea what to try next. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbrlty

My Blade MCX 2 suddenly will not fly. It is bound, after the lights are solid and ready and the throttle is pushed, the rotors start to move and then the lights go out and nothing happens. After setting for a few seconds the lights come back on and you can very slowly push the throttle and the upper rotor starts to go but as soon as the lower rotor moves the lights go out and nothing more happens. I have changed the batteries in the control unit but that did no good. I have no idea what to try next. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Suggest you check the battery pack in the heli and assure it is fully charged.

Zor
Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 PM
jbrlty

Checked the battery. Seems to be OK. Unhooked each rotor separately and still kicked off the same way. Will not spin even one rotor at a time. As soon as the throttle is pushed forward the lights go off and it is dead.
Thanks anyway.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:26 AM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

bad circuit board(mother board)maybe? also maybe a short somewhere? check and make sure you don't have a broken or wire lose. only thing i can think of if its not the batteries which you said you already checked already.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:28 AM
Zor
Banned

Default Some idea

Checked the battery. Seems to be OK. Unhooked each rotor separately and still kicked off the same way. Will not spin even one rotor at a time. As soon as the throttle is pushed forward the lights go off and it is dead.
Thanks anyway.
jbrity,

I do not know how you have checked the battery.
Suggest you connect a voltmeter on the battey and see what happens.
All your statements are pointing to a so called 'brown out' when the voltage drops due to a possible short or high leakage.

Zor
Old 05-23-2014, 05:33 AM
jbrlty

You are correct. Even though I tested the battery and it checked out, I bought a new battery and the thing came to life. It still has some weird things going on. It flies but all of a sudden it goes crazy and either spins or one rotor stops completely. Then you reset it and it flies normally, for a while. It does not always go crazy but sometimes it does. I am in the process of trying to figure out the new symptoms. Thanks for your continued help.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:54 AM
Zor
Banned

Default More ideas

You are correct. Even though I tested the battery and it checked out, I bought a new battery and the thing came to life. It still has some weird things going on. It flies but all of a sudden it goes crazy and either spins or one rotor stops completely. Then you reset it and it flies normally, for a while. It does not always go crazy but sometimes it does. I am in the process of trying to figure out the new symptoms. Thanks for your continued help.
jbrity,

Intermittent problems are often diffiucult to trace.
Suggest you disconnect all connectors that exist from the battery to the motors and look for any corrosion of the contacts. A 5 or 10 times magnifier is useful.

Connecting a new battery may have made a contact more solid then before. I would try the old battery again and see what happens.

Wishing you good luck with your troubleshooting.

Zor