Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Which of these 2 models is better?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Which of these 2 models is better?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 02:07 AM
michelle89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Which of these 2 models is better?

Hello. I would like to ask your help in choosing a good quadcopter for my father on Father's Day.

My choices for the budget I have are:

Walkera QR X350 PRO Quadcopter BNF Version (http://www.kooltoyz.co.uk/kooltoyz-i...opter-bnf.html)

BLH7800A BLADE 350 QX V2 RTF ( http://www.kooltoyz.co.uk/kooltoyz-i...uadcopter.html)

Can you please advise which one is the best? I mention he is a beginner.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:27 PM
AH-64_d

If he is a beginner, consider a 180 QX as a stepping stone to a 350 QX. The small size of the 180 QX makes it hard to break, easy to fix, and less lethal than an out of control 350 quad. A 180 is also considerably cheaper than either 350. Also consider the radio that he will use to fly the quad. Will he be able to use it for anything else?
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Hedgewarden

I hope you are aware that "BNF" means that it does not include a transmitter (controller). "RTF" (ready to fly) means that it includes a transmitter.
Search the forums for these models. I have seen one review that concluded the Walkera was faster (more oriented toward flying fun) than most the other 350 size quads that are oriented toward stable photography platforms. But, do not take my third hand impressions as useful comments, but rather to spur you into your own research on the forums.
Important - does your father have experience flying helis or quads? If not, an expensive model may not be a good start. You might ADD a decent toy for learning to fly - like a Syma X1. Fraction of the cost, fraction of the quality, but good for learning basic flying skills. Two helis for the price of one nice gift. (maybe?)
Good hunting, and I think your father is lucky.
-Howard
Old 05-27-2014, 03:53 AM
michelle89

Thank you for your feedback. The 180X sounds good. I wouldn't want him to find it difficult to handle.

Have a great day!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:56 AM
michelle89

Hedgenwarden you are right. An expensive model is not a good idea for a beginner but I wouldn't want to buy him something cheaper ether considering that he made a market research
Old 05-30-2014, 01:12 PM
AH-64_d

Michelle89,

Both toys offer similar capabilities, but Horizon Hobby provides excellent world wide support to their customers if the toy needs repair or replacement parts. For example, my Blade 350 QX complained that my DX-8 aileron trim was constantly drifting. I sent my DX-8 in for service. Horizon Hobby replaced both gimbals, a capacitor, and brought the transmitter back to factory specifications before sending it back to me. They are famous for this level of support. You may wish to consider the quality of their service and the availability of spare parts for their toys when you select a quadcopter for your father.