Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Very Bad Store

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:04 AM
conntaxman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Bad Store

I bought a tx battary from Rc Hobbies and more in winsted ct and i ended up not needing it, so I brought it back for a Refund. Rc Hobbies and more - would NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. They gave me a store credit.I told them that I wouldn't need anything from them for a long time and that I needed the money that I spent on this battary. Seeing how bad this store is ,i figured that they would say when I did use the store credit that it was TOO OLD and not valid anymore.
So i told the owner that I wanted a battary for a Futaba Conquest tx and "" showed him the MODLE number that I coppied down .He gave me one and said that it would work. Well when I got home [1 hour drive} the battary did not fit. I called and talked to him and he said that he would order one and CALL ME when it came in, [in a few days]. well its been about 2 weeks now, and still NO PHONE CALL.
.....DON'T GO TO [ rc hobbies and more ] in Winsted ct. if you want good servicel.
I should take them to Small Claims Court, just for wasting all my time and not calling , Like they said they would.
This is a very Bad way to run a business....
John
Buy from the net and save money also.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Very Bad Store

That is normal. Can you tell me of any other hobby shops that would give you a cash refund under the same circumstances??

A hobby shop is not a Walmart or Costco.

Sounds like you have not been in this hobby very long.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:07 PM
conntaxman

roto09. Im sorry to tell you that a store in oakvill yes a hobby shop, did refund me my Money.Cash, and I would go back to him now most of the time.
This is not a good thing for a store to do to people, its kink of like saying to the person "screw you" I want your money.
The only thing this would do for a store is to make it loose customers.Myself I will go else were or buy from the net. But I would/will make it a point to tell everyone that I know NOT to go/buy from Rc Hobbies in winsted ct.
Also not all hobby shops do this.
Im just tring to help out other people save their money.Not be FORCED into buying something.
I don't feel like standing near the counter and when someone wants to pay for something ,Ask them to use my store credit and give me the cash.
But maybe I should stand outside the store and explain it customers that are ready to walk in.
Very disappointed in Rc Hobbies in winsted
.And they STILL did NOT call me to let me know if the part came in or not.And they said they would.
So customer relation ship / customer service is NOT TO GOOD either.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:06 PM
DEATHPROOFHELI

What is wrong wit store credit? There is alot of people here that would LOVE store credit!! I cant even go to a hobby shop cause there isnt any around here. This is pretty much normal. So now its a bad hobby shop or bad service cause they wont REFUND money? I am very sorry it took way too long for the phone call. There is so many posts on "bad customer service" ONLY because they wont refund mony. I would LOVE to be able to have store credit. You should try jag hobbies or xheli. JAG hobbies is a 4 dollar shipping no matter how many parts you have an its shipped the next day. Also there is hobbywing, it takes a little longer but the service is goo. Goodluck! Sorry agian for your troubles!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Solman

I don't mind it if it is a store that I like to go to. One LHS that I won't go to again charges too much and really wanted a refund, but was forced with a store credit. I used it for crash parts the next time to pay for the majority of it.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:02 PM
conntaxman

DEATHPROOFHELI. what is wrong with store credit you ask. It's the same a stealing from people,.What if you bought a "Gift" for someone and gave it to them and they had no interest in it and they wanted something different,like clothes. Well that person would be FORCED to buy something in that store or lose the money.that is NO GOOD.
.... About the phone call that " Rc Hobbies and more in winsted ct" said that they WOULD CALL me when the part came in .WELL they Still have not called me Even to let me know if it's in or not. I also went to their web site and wrote them an email through their website. Even then " Rc Hobbies and more in winsted ct " DID NOT either email me or call me ..
... So how could you or anyone say that this is a good store. Rc Hobbies and more in winsted ct .Have NOT did anything now for over 12 days about my part or my moeny.
I will email them once again, and if I don't get a call I will call the Better Business Bureau.
No reason to treat customers this way if you want to stay in business.
John
Hope that many realize that this store isn't one of the better stores.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Solman

The store credit isn't no big issue by itself.  Not working with you or returning messages really sucks and that is an issue.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:05 PM
conntaxman

Solman, Yes you are correct. and that is what makes it worse. Well like they say, the last laugh is always the best.
Im going to wait one more day, for a phone call from RC hobbies and more, then I'll contact the state of ct.
Just that easy.
John
Old 06-14-2010, 11:07 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Please only start one thread per subject/question.
Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 12:08 PM
bauerbach

your way ahead of my hobby shop. battery sales are final here. which I prefer, I want to know that when I buy a battery, it is new, not 3 charges old, and overcharged or who knows what else.

Obviously I dont want to get stuck with a battery, so I always bring the model or remote in with me, they have no problem testing it in the store to be sure its the right one.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
bauerbach

ORIGINAL: conntaxman

Solman, Yes you are correct. and that is what makes it worse. Well like they say, the last laugh is always the best.
Im going to wait one more day, for a phone call from RC hobbies and more, then I'll contact the state of ct.
Just that easy.
John

not for nothing, I dont know the store, but what law is it you think has been broken by not offering a cash refund? was the return policy not posted? they are not required to offer cash...
Old 06-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Solman

I think we are past the issue of  cash refund and moving on to not returning calls or emails.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:42 PM
bauerbach

I suppose. still not something you can take legal action over though :/

poor business practices? I suppose. not to jump to conclusions, but you call once, maybe you even go into the store, your informed of the return policy... seems like that would be the end of it. it is what it is, any further calls past that are kind of a waste, and multiple calls later, it borders on harrassment. But what remains to be said? they should answer the phone and return calls to be argued with about their store policies? *shrug*

no offense OP, but either the return policy was not posted, in which case there is a legitimate case and Id think you would have mentioned it, and they likely would have taken it back, eaten the 20$ and taken it as a learning lesson to post their policy... or it was posted and you didnt see it and are now just complaining about nothing. so was the return policy posted?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Solman

If some store pisses me off, I ban them and don't go back. I also post it on Yahoo reviews and tell everyone I can how much they sucked. I have done that to two stores so far because of piss poor business practices.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
bauerbach

I hear ya... but this seems a bit like user error.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM
conntaxman

bauerbach It;s Not user error. I NEVER OPENED UP THE PACKAGE that the battary came in.And also I have spent hundreds of Dollars up in this rotton store.I could see if I were a first time buyer, then they screw ya.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
conntaxman

bauerbach about a sign., I have never seen one and that is what is getting me so mad. I will call the BBB. and find out what size the sign would have to be and were located.
Also it is not even on the sale slip.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:30 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

"How to get rid of a dead battery and get a new one for free, Go to a hobby shop and buy the same battery as the dead one that you over charged for a week. Go home remove the new one from the package and put in the dead one back in. Take the dead on back and say it doesn’t work,fit, or charge and demand your money back."

....and this is why most hobby stores don't take batteries, electronics, software, or open bottles of CA glue back. Store credit was nice of them to offer.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
conntaxman

Solman I sent rc hobbies and more Another email frome THEIR own site about this matter, and asked them to Call me on the LAND LINE. as of today NO phone call.
is it that they do not answer their email?
I will email them under a different email address and find this out.
John,,,,, very mad....
Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 PM
bauerbach

All I can find on google is a law for california, which states they do not have to post anything if it complys with generally accepted guidelines, IE credit or exchange for atleast 7 days. if you dont fit that, then you have to display it. but it sounds like they do fit standard expectations...
Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Solman

If they are not giving you one of the following options such as store credit, refund, or exchange, then file with the better business bureau. If they are doing one of the above, salvage what you can and don't use them again. It isn't a large enough amount to get too excited about.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:58 AM
conntaxman

Solman I know that it isn't much money, but is Not good business and it's the Principal . Also Im tring to help other people out.The Law's should state, EITHER -money or store credit. I still have to call the BBB in ct.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Solman

I don't disagree and if you can change the law, then go for it. Problem is that it is such a minor amount and few businesses use that practice. So bringing it up may not get your much support. In fact, hobby stores is the only place that I have seen use that practice and we represent a small community.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:15 AM
bauerbach

Id have to vote against the law, if it were in the state anyway, forcing stores to return consumable items? I dont know what the problem is. they offered an exchange, which is more than 99% of the hobby stores in the country would do for you. you should be applauding them. It is a battery, there is no way to gaurentee it was not used. its generally common sense that such items cannot be returned...

If you are really not understanding this, or you dont care, I fear that it is hopeless and I can see why they arent returning emails or calls. As a business, you have to eventually come to a point where you realize you cannot satisfy everyone, if your expectations are unreasonable. File with BBB, it will just waste an hour of your time, no law is going to be changed as to everyone else, this situation is completely reasonable, and no law has been broken.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:41 PM
conntaxman

bauerbach First of all the package was NEVER OPENED.Second I emailed them ONCE to see if the Other part came in, That I HAD to order from them because of this. And being that I emailed from their site the 1st time, I think they should have let me know it the order has come in so that I could pick it up.
I did Not email then a thousand times,and argue with them,I have not called them a thousand times. So your in the wrong for sticking up for this RC HOBBIES AND MORE in winsted ct. Oh and another thing. The battary that they gave me was the wrong type to start with, and I had the Model Number of the battary on a peice of paper and gave it to the guy. """" He is in the wrong.He gave me the wrong one,.He could of done that KNOWING that he did not have one stock and didn't want to loose any money, and KNEW that I would have to RETURN it. " Then he could say " oh I'll order one". So that way he wouldn';t loose the sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.