Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Art Tech SSH200 Heli - help needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Art Tech SSH200 Heli - help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Ajdevise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art Tech SSH200 Heli - help needed

Hello guys.

I belive most of you here got more expensive ones but this was my maximum at this time. I saw some solid reviews of it and give it a go especialy since it was on big sale here. Now, let me come to point. Ofc, I flew on windy day and crashed it...

Well, I was that smart to install training gear on it before flight. Heli had weird temdency to float to the left at start. My later guess was that is was cos of groundeffect of small room. ANyway.. I checked swashplate before 1st flight, out it into center, cos it was way off, but due to badly placed battery on that 1st flight I think my heli got way to tail heavy and thus had hard time to penetrate forward... I should be mor smart I know and cance flight at start..but you learn all the time.
ANyway after nasty dive from some 20 meter ..maybe more of hight, plane hit concrete some 300 meters away...Thank god I was able to find it due to eyehurting yellow balls on trainign gear lol. To my surprise heli was actualy almost survived nasty hit..dunno how, but i only had to replace tail rotor and he now have almost same ground effect issue as from start.

My actualy only question would be: Is there any good guide to FP heli with lower placed flybar out there?
If not, I would like to ask for tips how to recheck heli now to make it able for outdoor flight (2x2 m of space it a tad too small inside

Forgot to mention front part of landing gear is also broken, so I think ill have to repace it althou it still stands nicely with little forward angle.

All tips are welcome .

your

way to confident pilot
Old 07-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ajdevise,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7BKDnJOODA

Good luck.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 07-19-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Corrected Zoe to Zor
Old 07-20-2014, 10:27 AM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

since you crashed it things you may want to check would be the main mast,feathering shaft,tail boom,tail rotor shaft unless it has an electric motor,fly bar if it has one. make sure they're not bent,also check the bearings make sure they don't feel grainy or hanging up or binding. if they do replace it.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Ajdevise

Angry

Flight no2 report.

Ok...I was hoovering preety good on my previous heli (solo pro v2 wich got dead controler throttle is acting up that is,) but I decided to do whole hoover only session jut to get used to heli and amount of controls needed for it.
Hover part went almost perfect, one little rougher landing, but nothing training gear could not handle, also it was windless day.

To make a note, I rechecked all connections I double checked all rotating parts, retrimmed swashplate to new position, etc.

So, at very end of flight things start to happen, 1st, I saw that battery is near end so I decided to land and end flight, but in very landign (some 1¸,5 up to 2 meter in height) I noticed that servo are not responding. I landed and realised that I hear weird glitching noise from swashplate assembly and notice that all linkage is being broken or bent. looking from behind, left servo holder is also broken and some parts are totaly ripped off from from shaft that metal swinging part that is holding together rotor and flybar. All in all almost ttal damagwe in area,,, I am still unsure if swashplate itself is broken or just that leading plasic part...

I must admit I don't get it. No event of whatsoever, simple hoovering, I did some ground sliding prior to hover flight and that was uneventfull too. I must say for Now I am done with chinese crap gear, for quality US or EU made I don't have cash, so I think this will be put to hold for now. It is just plain stupid to spend another pile of cash on next round of spare parts just to make it flyable for one time. I already lost over 100$ on that trash..

You know what I would not be so mad if I crashed damn thing myself, but this was just too much.

As usual any idea is welcome, I am highly doubting that previous crash is cause of that, cos I spen several days rechecking whole heli.

My advice...Forget about Art tech if you value your money.

Sincerely
Angry pilot