RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Receiver questian

Old 07-24-2014, 06:20 AM
russ landreth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Receiver questian

Hello iam having a problem i bought a nice heli that has a futaba pcm 1024 R146ip receiver that tells me nothing on what channel what number is from 1-6 what iam doing is changing the to my JR xp 662 radio and receiver that tells me what plug goes were what channel
the futaba pcm1024 R146ip receiver has numbers not telling me what channel is what can anyone

help.as you can see the futaba receiver does not tell you the channel
i have not been into RC very long i do not understand receivers thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FUTABA pcm 1024 R 146ip 72mhs.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2017073   Click image for larger version

Name:	jr rs600.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	2017074   Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57-5.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	2017090  

Last edited by russ landreth; 07-24-2014 at 06:31 AM. Reason: adding pic
Old 07-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is a little reading for you:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20assignments

How much knowledge do you have about programming a CCPM helicopter on a JR radio? Why do you even need the mapping of a Futaba receiver, when you should be tracing the servo wires to help you in the CCPM programming of the helicopter into the new radio?

Rafael
Old 07-24-2014, 02:02 PM
russ landreth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

because i have not a clue what servo does what on my heli i do know my heli has 4 servos
Old 07-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Rafael23cc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is a diagram that should help you out. After you connect the servos in the correct places, then you need to worry about programming. There are a few websites for that. Ask again if you need more in-depth explanation.

Forget about the "front" arrow. Some helicopters have two servos up front and some helicopters have two servos out back. The line should be marking the frame/tailboom orientation.

Got the graphic from here:
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/ccpm.html
Some interesting information there for the inexperienced.

Rafael
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	swash_120.gif
Views:	122
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	2017326  
Old 07-26-2014, 04:56 AM
russ landreth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

wow thanks i was about to pack the heli up for a long storage just because i got no info
you see were i live there is no rc shop with in 75-100 miles
Old 07-26-2014, 07:19 PM
russ landreth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

With the help from rafael 23cc i have managed to find 4 of the 6 channels what iam looking for now is traceing the gyro wires channels 4 and 5 on the JRR600 receiver but unknown on the futaba 146ip 6 channel receiver with out info or its specs
on the gyro the rudder wires go to the gyro then two sets of wires come from the gyro one is a single yellow wire and the other has three wires.what channels is used for the yellow wire and the other wires
Old 07-28-2014, 01:59 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

funny i googled futaba 6 ch rx servo assignment and got tons of hits 1 aileron 2 elevator 3 throttle 4 rudder (the 3 wire coming from gyro) 5 gear (single wire from gyro use gain settings for heading hold and rate mode) 6 pitch
Old 07-30-2014, 07:29 AM
Rafael23cc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Russ:

I'm going to be blunt and to the point. I've been called many names before when I've done this, so wear your thick skin. You have been warned...........

wow thanks i was about to pack the heli up for a long storage just because i got no info

You might need not only to pack it up, but maybe even get rid of it. You have been provided with plenty of information to figure out what you need, but it seems you are unwilling to read other websites. To include links to manufacturer's information.

Follow the link provided on the post immediately below your first question. It takes you to a plethora of information about Futaba channel assignments. Then the second link I provided takes you to another website that breaks down the information to re-program your JR radio to do what you want it to do.

Seems like you are a real novice at this. Be EXTREMELY careful with RC helicopters. I've got some scars to prove how dangerous they can be. In the 20+ years that I've been involved with RC, I've seen my fair share of accidents / injuries only topped by my time in the US ARMY. Just like it says in the instruction manual that you should have searched for from day one.....

THIS IS NOT A TOY AND IS CAPABLE OF INFLICTING INJURY TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS. iT IS ALSO CAPABLE OF CAUSING DAMAGE TO PROPERTY.

I extreme cases, people have lost their lives due to RC injuries. PLEASE GET EXPERIENCED LOCAL HELP.

Rafael
Old 07-30-2014, 06:05 PM
russ landreth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hehehe i bet i know a few you have not been called anyway i have all the info i need now for the receiver my next project is programing the JR 662 will be asking all kinds of things like were do i start thanks oh and by the WAY i have been reading every topic that i have found on all kinds of web sites even this one were i started this god for saking topic