Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

1st t0 wreck before 1st flight! Honeybee CP3 swashplate moving backwards

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

1st t0 wreck before 1st flight! Honeybee CP3 swashplate moving backwards

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 05:40 PM
PADD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st t0 wreck before 1st flight! Honeybee CP3 swashplate moving backwards

So I learned a new lesson today, I've read about it before just needed to get a few gashes and bend some parts to realize how important this is. Always make sure your motors are unplugged before checking movements of the servo's! I was actually setting up to take a quick video for you guys because I'n not sure why but when I move the throttle stick up my swashplate goes down. I knew something was backwards last night when I went to test it and when I raised the throttle the heli squatted from downpressure. So I "thought" I had unplugged the motors last night. I set the bird on the table to video tape for you guys today. When I threw the throttle up it spun like crazy and I went to grab it, wrong move! Anyway I cut my arm pretty good in three spots, chipped the main blades, bent the horizontal axis and tore off the training gear. And I've never flown it!!

I attached a video of the swashplate moving the wrong way and the pic of the bent horizontal axis. I have a stock 2.4 radio that came with the Esky Honeybird CP3. I,ve read somewhere this may be OK, but in my case the air is pushing the heli down. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this. Also can I straighten out the horizontal axis or just get a new ones with the new blades? There are only two small chips in the blades but the paper that comes on them is starting to come off, not sure if it's even needed.

Hope someone can help with the swashplate, thanks in advance

koo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5887.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	2024590  
Old 08-22-2014, 08:50 PM
PADD

Okay, well does anyone know the best place to buy parts for the esky cp3?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:12 PM
PADD

I guess this is the wrong thread!! Think i burned up the4 in 1 too.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:51 PM
PADD

Ok I'm not getting any juice out of the 4in1 so I guess I have to order one or can they be fixed. I also heard or read that you can put an inline fuse so it will blow before the controller. Is that true? Is there a link?
Old 08-29-2014, 04:21 PM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

you're lucky you did not get hurt too bad! those are some high rpm's i say let it crash NEVER grab ahold of it! you can get hurt pretty bad if you're not careful.
far as parts you can try here http://www.thinkrc.com/esky-parts-es...c-9_81_48.html or try ebay. far as the bent part gos. if it was me i would just replace it with another one. either a good used one in decent shape or get a new one. far as servo go's can you reverse the setting? i'm not familiar with the esky brand.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:42 PM
flyingjmerritt

since you wrecked it i would check your main shaft,feathering shaft make sure thats not bent if it is that will cause some vibration. also check main gear make sure the teeth are not stripped from sudden stoppage. also check the gears on the tail rotor and check the the tail shaft is not bent there as well. not sure of your helicopter flight experience but i would suggest getting a rc helicopter simulator to learn on first. get something like real flight or something simulator. least learn the basics like hovering,forward flight,auto rotations,how to control it in crosswind,also learn how to control it from the tail and in front of the nose stuff like that. just slowly learn at your own speed. save you some money in helicopter parts in the long run.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:03 PM
PADD

Thanks for all the tips flyingmerritt! Everything checked out OK but I still haven't flown it because I bought the wrong 4 in 1. Just learned it has to be the same, 2.4 ghz is what I needed but got a 72 mhz instead. Well it looked identical! I tried binding it, so I'm still waiting for the right one. I also bought the Hel-X simulator, another great suggestion. I've put a few hours on it. So far it's paid for itself in crashes! I did read somewhere that I can take apart the 4 in 1 and make it work with my tx because only the module that controls the engine burnt up. Might take a shot at it. Oh, I also added an inline 7.5 fuse so hopefully I won't burn up another 4 in 1. I'll take a pic tomorrow to show everyone. Think I did a cool job of installing.
thank you!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:16 PM
flyingjmerritt

good to hear. far as the tips i just did not want to see someone get hurt if it can be prevented.
i don't know much about this helicopter most my helicopters that i work on are all nitro powered stuff.
but basics should still be about the same. i know when i first started out the sim has helped me. save you some helicopter parts and cash in the long run.
anyway good luck with it.