Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New but not so new - I need your help in picking my first Heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New but not so new - I need your help in picking my first Heli

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Bane922

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New but not so new - I need your help in picking my first Heli

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Heli side of the transmitter and looking for advise on where to start - I grew up building nitro trucks and flying trainers (have my glow plug scars to prove it)

I am in a new area and want to find a good starting Heli - Must be electric, preferred to be indoor/outdoor and 4 channels or more

I have a current budget of $100 to $150 RTF with transmitter - Had to sell all my old supplies and need to start fresh

I see this lovely lady (http://www.xheli.com/28h-v955-mini-skydancer.html) and its tempting but i hear so many rumors about knock off and non-hobby grade Helis and im a bit overwhelmed in making my choice

I want a heli i can learn on but easy start learning more advanced techniques
Old 10-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Me personally....I don't think I would start with a collective pitch heli like the one you are looking for. I would start out with a Blade mSR fixed pitch that you can fly indoors and learn all the different orientations and get used to the sticks. You can crash it and pick it up and keep flying. Parts are plentiful and easy to get when you need them(which isn't often). I have literally flown into a brick wall ten feet high and it fell to the ground....I picked it up and kept flying. Think how it is on a carpet in your living room.....you can get a lot of good flying in while you learn. Also, I don't know if you live anywhere near a hobby store but most carry blade helicopters. Do you have a simulator? That also helps a lot when learning to fly heli's. Good luck!
Old 10-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yea, I have seen mSR's on Amazon for like 60 bucks I think. There is a newer version of the mSR also.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Bane922

After doing more research i learned to step away from CP Helis for now and stick with the fixed

i have narrowed it down to two

http://www.xheli.com/28h-h911-irocket.html
[h=1][/h]
http://www.xheli.com/56h-f3-white.html
Old 10-28-2014, 04:03 PM
normnet17

I have ordered the Syma as it can hover in the air with your hands free from the transmitter, a feature I have been looking for!

Thanks
Norm