Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Heli-Max MD-530 and FS-TH9X w/ Tactic Anylink Trouble. Plz help a rank n00b. Thanks!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli-Max MD-530 and FS-TH9X w/ Tactic Anylink Trouble. Plz help a rank n00b. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 08:37 PM
TheLoneliestEneuretic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli-Max MD-530 and FS-TH9X w/ Tactic Anylink Trouble. Plz help a rank n00b. Thanks!

Ok, I'm pretty new to RC helis and planes (And brand new to this forum! So hi!), but do have a little experience and know a good bit of the basics.

I recently purchased an MD-530 TxR from a guy on Ebay and thought I'd be able to use it with a Tactic TTX402 that came with a Flyzone S.E.5.A. airplane since they're both SLT compatible. The downloadable manual said that you can fly the MD-530 with most SLT airplane transmitters. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way. It did bind, but as soon as I moved the throttle stick at all it stuck at what I'd guess to be about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and stayed there. I had no authority to move it up or down. So ok, I thought maybe since the TTX402 doesn't have dual rates and is a very basic TX that it just isn't suitable for using with helis.

So, I also have a Fly Sky TH9X transmitter and today I purchased a Tactic Anylink2 so I can just use that for my Flyzone plane and the MD530. Again, I was able to bind it with no issues, and while I thought I set the sticks up to "mode 2" in the settings menu the throttle was on the right hand stick where the rudder control should be! Since the right hand stick has a spring to bring it back to center it automatically has the throttle half way open. I played with the different "Stick Mode" options and when I switched it to "mode 3" the throttle moved to the left stick, but was where the aileron control should be. When I tried "mode 1" it just set it back to the throttle on the right stick, but it was back in the rudder position again instead of where it would be traditionally when set to "mode 1." The same thing happened when set in "mode 4".

I'm at a loss, and not sure if the guy who sold me the heli while stating it was in "perfect" and "like new" condition just burned me or if I have some setting set incorrectly. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:59 PM
etpompea

First of all, what "mode" have you been using? Mode 1 is defined as: left stick-elevator and rudder, right stick-throttle and aileron. Mode 2 is defined as: left stick-throttle and rudder, right stick-aileron and elevator. From your description, it sounds like your transmitter is set (from the factory) as Mode 2. If you switch it to Mode 1 you're going to have to open up the transmitter and move the centering spring from one gimbal to the other and then move the little flat piece of metal that makes the throttle ratchet over to the other gimbal.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:24 PM
TheLoneliestEneuretic

No, that's the thing. The TX. is a mode 2 and I've gone in to the TX settings and made sure that the particular model slot I put the MD-530 in is set on mode 2 as well. I have a few other helis and planes on the TX and have had no trouble setting up those sticks to mode 2. That's why it's weird. For whatever reason, when I try to set the sticks to mode 2 for the MD-530, I can only get the throttle to locate where the rudder or aileron placement should be while in mode 2, and since the stick on the right hand side of the TX is spring loaded it holds the throttle open.

If I were to swap the location of the sticks then wouldn't all the other models that now function properly in mode 2 now become reversed? That would create a problem with the 3 other models now on the TX, vs. just one with the MD-530 wouldn't it?

Sorry if my description is unclear. I haven't had time to dinker around with it again since my initial posting, but I'm going to take a look tonight.

Thanks for taking the time and a stab at the problem, it is much appreciated!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:02 PM
etpompea

After taking a look at the AnyLink manual and the HeliMax manual I see two things that you might check. First, your radio is not on the AnyLink list of "normally" supported radios. What this means is that you have to do a "custom" mapping through AnyLink of what channels control what functions. Just binding to the receiver does not tell the AnyLink what sequence of channels to use. For instance, in a JR/Spektrum transmitter throttle is ch. 1. In a Futaba/Hitec transmitter, throttle is ch. 3. The procedure is in the AnyLink manual. The other thing you might check is in the swashplate settings in your transmitter. The Heli-Max manual says that the swashplate setting should be what's called normal, or 90 degree, or one servo. NOT any form of eccpm.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:44 PM
TheLoneliestEneuretic

Thanks a lot! I'll give those suggestions a try soon and let you know how they work out.