Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Best way to begin training

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Best way to begin training

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 02:55 PM
3dayweek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to begin training

Just got delivery of my new heli , Blade 200 SRX and Spektrum DX6 from Midland Helicopters (UK). Been doing control exercises at just below take off speed (Forward , back , rudder, left , right) outside on grass and accidentally took off once . I assume this is the best way to start and only move on to take off proper once I have mastered the controls and got trim close, any other suggestions welcome. If funds allow is it worth getting a smaller heli (MSR would work with my Tx) for indoor practice as well ?

Thanks for any advice.
Chris Benton
Old 12-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a mSR that I use indoors to practice with. If you are starting out I think it's a great idea for indoor practice especially if you live somewhere where it's windy a lot and you can't always fly outdoors.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:42 AM
joe0o

great how that going.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Griffin2020

IMHO, the best way to get used to flying your machine is to fly it.

I would suggest starting off with hovering. Take off and hold it as steady as you can (tail to you) for a few minutes at less than 1 foot in altitude. Then do very small forward/back and left/right maneuvers (just moving the heli a couple of inches).
Next rotate the body 45 degrees to the left and repeat- hold hover, and small moves.
Continue until you work through a full circle with the heli.
After that, begin doing small forward-flight circles. First one direction, then the opposite.
By this time, you should be comfortable enough with the heli to do figure-8s.

Practice, practice, practice...