Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Help - spinning copter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Help - spinning copter

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 08:43 PM
toglhot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - spinning copter

My copter has started spinning.
On the ground it spins wildly with the trim control central,. Moving the trim control either left or right just changes the direction of the spin. In the air it does the same only faster. It lifts of easy and because it is spinning stay in place.

It is branded LS-Model and is a .5 channel coaxial.

The remote just has four controls:
up/down joystick,
left/right/foward/back joystick,
slide trim control,
on/off switch, and
a switch at the top marked AB.
I think the last is for charging:
A - USB charging,
B - remote unit charging and
C - no idea at all. Directions were written in very bad Chinglish so had to work everything out myself.

I've had so many problems with this thing, it seems you get to fly it for 5 or 6 minutes then spend the rest of the hour fixing it. Is this as good as these things gets, if it is I'm done.
[TABLE="class: tborder user-postbit-left-user, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: user-postbit-bottom-user"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 04-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really can't help you as far as the problem you are having...but I will say high quality hobby grade helicopters have a lot less problems. I don't know what helicopter you have but I have a few small helicopters that have over a hundred flights on them and the only problems I ever have are self induced(crashes)....and I usually replace a cheap part here or there and I am back to flying. Also, if you get a well known brand heli there is a lot of support available. Blade helicopters for example...there are hundreds of youtube videos on set up, tips, troubleshooting etc. Maybe someone on here has a heli like yours can help you. What is the name of your heli? LS-Model?
Old 04-15-2015, 01:29 AM
toglhot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed

Using a bit of logic I reasoned that if the spinning could be reversed by sliding the trim control then the spinning couldn’t be caused by anything in the prop drive trains, the problem therefore must be with the electronic components. So I fished the copter out of the bin took it apart and removed the circuit board. Using a loupe I couldn’t see any obvious problems with componentary, but without the appropriate testing equipment, and of course the knowledge to do some logical fault finding I opted to replace the circuit board. Luckily I happened to have a spare so I soldered the three motors in and an extra battery then stuck it back together; wahl ah – success, no more spinning. The second battery is located by means of an elastic band, I removed the balance weight in the nose and balancing is now achieved by sliding the battery forward and aft, hopefully it should give me longer flying times. Soldering that circuit board was tricky though, so dang small I spent the entire time peering through a loupe. Flys beautifully now, now to attack the walls and ceilings again.