RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

First time RC Helicopter purchase help

Old 05-16-2017, 04:40 PM
sdune1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default First time RC Helicopter purchase help

Need help on a gift purchase for an adult friend.
Person: He has never flown RC helo (or cars).
Goal: Simple but STABLE platform to record/view video in real time to Android phone. Lowest price possible.
Background: We are campers with off-road vehicles and jet skis/boats. I looking for an RC helo to primarily take stable video over our party camp site. The other option that would be cool is to control from a Razor while videoing over the rest of the riders. However, I realize horizontal speed is slower than say, a motorcycle. But still workable at slow speed.
I can best describe by one I saw but didnít get the brand/model on a windless day. Controller had the phone mounted to it and showed real time video on screen. The guy claimed to have little skills but explained it was self stabilizing. Then he showed another mode that had an auto hover mode. I just checked videos on this they are twitchy. This one was solid stable with simple horizontal movements. Even an auto land feature. It was off by five feet but still impressive.
Sorry of the long post but wanted to give all info I could.
Thanks
Old 05-17-2017, 10:39 AM
rgburrill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is the best help you can get - DON"T DO IT. You have touched on several items that are illegal. You don't know what you are doing and can only get in trouble. If you really want help youwill find an instructor and learn how to do this the right way.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:20 PM
sdune1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK, that is a good tip!
Old 06-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Nee1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 200 srx or 200 s

a great starter heli is blade 200 s or even better a used 200 srx the 200 s replaced the srx you can find a good one rtf which should include basic transmitter battery and even a charger they are fairly easy to find on eBay or chat forum for around 100-150 125 should buy a really clean setup...the training to learn starts you off learning to hover once you can hover and stay in one area you can find the next steps online rc helicopter a fun hobby has a training list and tips you should find helpful...keep in mind you will crash and need to learn to repair the great thing bout the 200 parts are cheap and everywhere they are really durable as well... be patient and in no hurry

Search this Thread