Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Total noob

Old 01-14-2018, 09:48 AM
David Ashforth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total noob

Hello all

As the title suggests I'm new to remote control helicopters, I've had those cheap micro filters and can just about get on with them, but my long term goal is to be able to proficiently build and fly a scale "Airwolf" Heli.
I'm not foolish enough to just jump in and pay for big copter to crash it real quick so if you guys don't mind would you share in your experiences what steps I should take in order to achieve my goal please - I assume I start of with a small(ish) helicopter, master it and then move on to the next size up and progress from there so any recommendations on the type of Heli I should be getting used to would also be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for any information you can provide in my endeavour
Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Mgfiest

welcome to the crazy hobby.... the first thing you should invest into is a sim. In the long run it pays for itself if you can add up the cost of every crash you get in the sim vs the real machine. I then went to a nano cps size heli. The reason it has a safe mod as well as it teaches you to handle a cp heli. my next move was a blade 300x and this is where I have stop until I have profess this bird. will I go bigger time will tell... good luck
Old 01-14-2018, 12:30 PM
David Ashforth

Thanks very much, I'll get straight on to looking for the Simulator now