Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Heli leans forward and left on takeoff, and when in air will roll violently

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli leans forward and left on takeoff, and when in air will roll violently

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Wiley207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli leans forward and left on takeoff, and when in air will roll violently

Hello everyone,

I'm of course new here, I have been flying helicopters for a couple of years now, not very seriously. I learned on a 3CH co-axial and moved to a FP 4CH. Recently I just bought a Blade130S with a Spektrum radio. I love the setup, and have been getting fairly decent with orientation and basic flying. That is until I misjudged my flight pattern and flew into the cab corner of my truck.

I rebuilt the helicopter from the circuit boards up with spare parts from Horizon Hobby, on my maiden flight, I noticed the helicopter dipping hard forward and to the left when the pitch curve would kick in based on my throttle input. Upon further investigation I noticed the landing gear was cracked on that corner of the heli. Easy enough, the downward force was bending the landing gear, causing the heli to dip because of no support. Replaced the landing gear and the problem still exists. I have read many forums on this problem, and can assure you that this is not an aileron issue. When giving counter acting aileron, I can get the heli into the air and it rolls VIOLENTLY to the left, inevitably crashing and burning. I have double checked all of the settings on my radio, as well as testing all the servos before takeoff and everything seems to be correct. I'm stumped. Before I go through any more parts, or bring it in, I figured I would ask the experts. I would love to get back in the air and have regretfully put this repair off for the better part of 6 months. Any input is appreciated, and I would like to thank everyone for their time.

-Wiley
Old 12-29-2017, 08:44 PM
cloudrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi -Wiley,
Do you have a swashplate levelling tool, if not get one.
Disconnect 2 of the 3 motor leads.
Take the rotor head off the main shaft and drop the levelling tool on.
Connect your flight battery and energise the heli
With the transmitter in stunt mode, dual rates off, and
pitch curve 00; 25; 50; 75; 100.
Check that all three swashplate arms stay in constant contact with the underside of the tool as it progresses from 0% through to 100% and back to 0% of collective stick movement. Then repeat in normal flight mode.
also check the servo link rod ball joints there should be no lost-motion at both ends of the link-rods.