Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Replacement Radio for old Heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Replacement Radio for old Heli

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:51 AM
gg3390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Radio for old Heli

Hi,

I'm just about to get back into a little RC flying, after many years break (although didn't do too much previously overall).
I've a 10+ year old Hirobo Shuttle, which I flew fine back all those years ago, and took it out of storage this week. Unfortunately however I've some damage to my radio (a Sanwa RD6000 - broken stick). Looking at glueing it back together at the moment, but I also have a Futaba FF7 (from my airplane days), together with a receiver.
My question is, how difficult would it be to replace the RD6000 with the FF7. Im not too worried about the receiver etc, but am worried about any stuff like pitch/throttle curves, servo throw etc., as this stuff I was just about getting to when I last flew, but am by no means competent, let alone expert in.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Ger
Old 08-11-2018, 02:32 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.
I think the simplest answer, if you have the budget, is to invest in a modern 2.4GHz radio. The programming would probably be a lot easier and you'd have the reliability of newer equipment.
Something like an 8JA, maybe?