Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Confused about channels

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Confused about channels

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 03:55 AM
Confused92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused about channels

Hello all! Apologies if this isn't the right place for this post, but I'm very lost and was hoping someone here could help me out!
My partner's birthday is coming up, and he's mentioned a few times he'd quite like an RC helicopter. I haven't got much to go on, but I do know he definitely wants a 4 channel one.

Now, I've been looking at lots and lots of different RC helicopters online, and whilst some of them mention explicitly that they are 3, 3.5, 4 channel etc, some do not mention anything about channels. Why is that?

In particular, I'm looking at the ESKY 150X V2 Fixed Pitch Flybarless Helicopter, which only seems to mention that the transmitter is 4-channel. Is that the same thing? Does that mean it's a 4-channel helicopter?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Also, if you've got any advice about this Heli or any suggestions for one I should look at instead, please do share! Thanks!

Last edited by Confused92; 08-26-2019 at 04:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:15 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Channels = functions.

Aileron control (right left tilt) is one function. Tail rotor control, nose left/right is another channel or function.

So a fixed pitch helicopter in essence is 4 channels. Fore/Aft tilt, left right tilt, nose left and right, and a speed control for the blades which is up/down.

More complicated models use more channels.