Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Science Fair helicopter topic

Old 11-18-2019, 02:07 PM
Jensi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Science Fair helicopter topic

Hi everyone, I am planning to do a science fair experiment that looks at the impact of a few variables on model helicopter flight. I want to see what the impact is of the length of the blades, and also the number of blades, in measuring lift. Is there any inexpensive rc helicopter kit or RTF model that would let me vary the length and number of blades (some way to convert from two to three to four?) Or some company that makes 2, 3, and 4 bladed copters with the same body type (I need to keep some constants in the experiment, so ideally the copter body, engine, wind speed, etc. would remain constant to test these variables.) Or is there some better way to set up this experiment that I'm not thinking of? I'd really appreciate any help!
Old 11-18-2019, 02:14 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Blade length isn't too bad to alter but finding affordable 3 and 4 blade rotor heads is a pretty complicated matter and usually associated with more complicated and expensive scale helicopter setups.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:27 PM
Jensi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Blade length isn't too bad to alter but finding affordable 3 and 4 blade rotor heads is a pretty complicated matter and usually associated with more complicated and expensive scale helicopter setups.
Thanks for the quick reply. If I just alter the blade length, is there a second variable I could add - maybe the amount of twist?