Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Trend times

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 06:58 AM
polstery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trend times

Strange the posts about trend times posted last week are all missing and there gone from my pofile. Just as I knew would happen. Anyone else see cover ups at rcu????
Old 01-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Graeme
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Trend times cover up

I've got to agree with you, polstery, that there appears to be some kind of coverup.

At one point in that thread "RCAdmin" asked whether his integrity, or that of RCU, was being questioned.

Given that he had previously stated that they would look into the situation and "either myself, erick or Trend" would let us know, then closed the thread before our questions were answered, I'd have to say that yes, I am most definitely questioning some integrity.

How Trend defused this situation is irrelevant, their responses to the questions raised are. The lack of valid responses to those questions is sufficient to keep me from accepting Harold's offer, (paraphrased: do business with us, let us prove we're good guys).

While I appreciate the forum RCU affords us, this act alone has been enough for me to question their veracity.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:32 PM
polstery

Thank you sir I couldn't have said it better myself. I hope more people read this and see the light.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:08 PM
EkRr
My Feedback: (51)

Over the past 2 weeks we have spent a lot of time on the phone with Trend Times and with customers of theirs trying to get to the bottom of the customer service issues that were brought up here.

Here is what I found:

1) The customer that had the helicopter in CO and said it would not fly due to the fact they are at 5000+ feet, has worked out an arrangement with trendtimes and has been awarded a refund of his money. We are undergoing some tests now in CO to see how this heli will perform for ourselves and we are also working on a review of it. I assure you if it does not fly in CO, then we will report it that way. I told Trend that we will pull no punches with the quality of the product and performance in the review.

2) The other gentleman that reported that he did not get some spares that he ordered, has been informed that there were some delays in getting parts from China, which is not uncommon in this industry. He was not and will not be charged for them until they actually ship.

3) The reports that they were not returning email or phone calls at the end of 2003 was simply because they shut down for 2 weeks for the Holidays. This is also not uncommon with small famlily run companies in the industry.

4) Trendtimes has since added a new 800# on their site for people to call with questions and concerns. They have also added a new email address on the homepage as well. John Remsen is my contact and he tells me that they will not take more than 48 hours to respond to email. We have tested with with a couple of people and we got responses back withing 24-36 hours.

5) The software that they included with the Heli is a shareware software that is available free on the net. They include it as a bonus but is not really what you are buying when you get the heli. I have not used it so I have no comment. We will look into the functionality of it when we get the unit for review.

6) From all the customers that we have contacted from Trend, we have seen that 95% of them reported back with positive remarks about the company.

Trend has not been advertising with us until we resolved all of these issues. The integrity of RCU is worth much more to us than the ad revenue from any company that is doing a disservice to our members. Having spent the last 2 weeks on this, Marc and myself are convinced that these were a couple isolated cases that have since been resolved. I have seen issues like this happen with many other well known companies as well.

In the future, if anyone has any problems or concerns about Trend Times or any other advertiser, please PM, or email me right away so I can look into it. As with the Big Fusco problem last year, we will not allow anyone to advertise on RCU who practices bad business ethics.

Thanks
Erick Royer
RCUniverse.com
Old 01-24-2004, 03:47 PM
polstery

Eric, I see they put you on the case, Still marc deleted all the post on that subject, we all can't cry to RCU and wait till you fix our problems. I'm sure this would have just died if I didn't bring it up again. I feel the post should not have been deleted so people can make up their own mind as to weather the company is good or bad based on the others dealings. If you disagree with me then these forums mean NOTHING.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Graeme
My Feedback: (5)

Erick,

First, I'd like to thank you for your response to these issues. You've gone a long way towards allaying any fear I may have had of doing business with Trendtimes.

I'm also hopeful that this particular thread is sufficient to convince you to not delete a thread until the issues have been resolved. That, alone, was my biggest point of contention with RCU.

Might I suggest that, instead of deletion, you close the thread with a final note containing the date by which you anticipate a solution to the issues. Upon resolution, post it as the final message in the thread and notify all participants of the thread by e-mail - giving them a week to review that message, (if you intend to delete the message). (It might also be helpful to place a flag on the thread's topic line in the forum, something as simple as adding "RESOLVED" to the topic.)

I think this would provide a better service all around. Readers would know that you're looking into the situation, not sweeping it under the rug. The resolution would be available for all to read - including the folks that "read-and-ran" before the thread was closed. And, if vindicated, the vendor would undoubtedly be pleased to see it in its most appropriate spot: the "offending" thread.

Dennis
Old 01-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

To all in this thread,I as you know am the one who started this trend times thread and it was closed at my request,as for what happened was that Erick and the guys at RC Universe worked very hard to get this thing settled for me.They had resources that I could never have and were able to talk directly with Trend Times.I have sent the Helicopter to Erick and was told upon receiving it I would get a FULL refund,and so it is on it's way to him, now as for the threads being deleted I believe it is up to me to have it removed if I feel that it is doing more harm than good and that is why it is gone.
As for what Polstery said about crying to RC Universe I had no intent on having them step in for me I only posted the thread for INFORMATION purposes only so that other people would know,they helped on their own I did not ask them,they were kind enough to help me out.So any Question about a COVER UP is absolutely STUPID so if you think that then I think you should rethink why you are here,to learn and help or cause trouble which is it?
NOW LET THIS THING DIE there is no need to carry it on any longer.[:@]Also if I was wrong about the Helicopter and it was just my inability to make it work then I think it should be brought out and my apology to TREND TIMES will be made for the problem,we will just have to see what happens when they look at it at RC Universe and I do trust them and that is why I will respect what they say and make my response according to what they find.Also My apology if needed will be posted right here,if there needs to be one I am man enough to say that I was wrong if indeed I am wrong.