RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

esky honey bee SIM CABLE PROBS

Old 01-12-2005, 07:00 AM
lowenbrau

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: esky honey bee SIM CABLE PROBS

Hi Gorf,
So are you saying that the 6-Channel 3D controller is possibly faulty?
Old 01-12-2005, 07:06 AM
Gorf

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work.
I have checked the cable with an ohm meter, and it is correct.
I have looked at the pin out of the cable, and it is a standard serial cable.
I have connected a breakout box between the cable and the PC, and I see no output from the Radio.

I dont have a scope to check voltage levels of the radio output, but Its the last thing I can think of.

So I talked with the Guy I got it from, and he said that it would be no trouble to send a new radio to see if that new one will work.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Doc Brian

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi guys 'n gals,

I am frustrated by the same simulator cable problems and have tried everything with no joy. I'm on my 4th set of rotors after several kitchen crashes, and I've had to cobble the 4th set from repaired 2nd & 3rd sets, balance the weight difference of 2 grams and balance the CoG of the blades. Despite it all, I'm hooked, but my wife ain't amused at the expense of blades so a working sim would be great! I noted on Heli-Fever's site (where the PPJoy lives) that their simulator cable has a printer port terminal, whereas the one I got with the HoneyBee 2 is a 9pin plug. Is this the difference between the 4Ch and the 6Ch 3D cable mentioned above? Has anyone tried with the Heli-Fever cable?

Meantime, look at the advice on hovering the HB2 above, and how t take the slop out of the swashplate. That sounds helpful.

Regards and safe flying.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:12 PM
drivinmecrazy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh dear!! and I thought the problem with the computer not recognizing the tx would be sorted??? well I've got my technical wizard looking into why its not working so hopefully will let you all know, but don't hold your breth... oh by the way does anybody know where to get cheap main blades as I brought main blades for the picclo by mistake and made them fit and was working really well till i trashed them.... so any ideas??? thanks.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:26 AM
honeybee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

re cheap blades. there are two ways.
Im making my own blades with great success. not to hard to do. i got a bit of 4*2 and carved ir out so a blade fittted in nice and flush. then using the old blade traced it onto a piece of 4mm meranti (balsa is not strong enough or heavy enough) then type of timber wont matter too much. then cut out 2 of these. holding the 2 new blades together sand them to be exactly the same shape. then place into 4*2 the trailing edge will stand out about 3mm. get a hand plane and sanding block and go for it. take care to round the front edges equally. also try to leave a curve on the top of the blade. the bottom can be fairly flat(better for normal flying not 3d). sounds hard but i can pump out a set in about 15 min. then you put on the chopper and tune the balance with the sand paper. Or au$20 on ebay
Old 04-28-2005, 07:36 PM
giles25

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i know this post was a while ago, but could u tell me what settings you were using.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:15 AM
Merrick

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK i have done all of the above. I am running XP and just cannot get the transmitter to communticate with the flight simulator.

Oddly enough i unplugged it from the com port and found an adaptor to change it to LPT. The PC knows there is *something* attached to it, but can't work it out..

My next test will be to connect it to the joystick port. That might work, but if the PC knows its there then it should prolly be a software problem no?

Oh well. Back to testing again!

Rob.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:30 AM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Guys, I've ordered a hitec eclipse 7 radio for my honey bee 2 heli and I was wondering if you knew about a cable that could work with my hitec and reflex xtr or aerofly pro.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:25 PM
billy a1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have managed to get my Honeybee CP2 transmitter to work with FMS on Windows XP. The FMS s/w on the net does not work. You need to get hold of a copy of FMS Version 2.0 Alpha 8.3. Flies sweet.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 AM
[KL]Helihead

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I managed to get FMS working with my HB2 using PPJoy.
Install PPJoy, got to control panel and game controllers - check Virtual Joystick 1 there.
Plug in start PPJoy, switch on TX and check receiving stream data. I have to change Protocol from FMS PIC generic to Zhen Hua.
Then start FMS and calibrate TX input.