Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heli won't lift off ground- need help

Im new to Heli's So I bought a Dragonfly micro heli. I was using realflight G2 to practice. I got pretty good with that so I figured I'd try the real thing. But I have a problem, because the heli doesn't want to come off the ground even with a good bit of throttle. When the heli becomes light and tries to come off the gorund it wants to tip to the left.. And I have no clue how to fix this. Any suggestions would help greatly!

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Heli won't lift off ground- need help

How much throttle are you giving it? If it wants to tip to the left then give it a few clicks of aileron trim to the right.

John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got it off the ground... I give it quite a bit of throttle.. But the hard part about it is... I can hover for a maximum of about 5 secs before setting it down... Its very difficult... I have been flyling planes for 10 years and figured I'd give heli's a try, and its gonna take practice practice and more practice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your heli will always tend to tip to the left (because of the rotation direction of your main) unless you get out of the ground effect. Just "chop" the throttle up untill it gets to 2-3ft high and then bring it back. I know it's scary but if you slowly add power it will always tip to the left (and no amount of right trim will help that). As to controling your hover... well.. it's not easy. Just use very small stick movements and you should get it after few tries (assuming your heli is set up correctly and nicely balanced of course).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I picked up one of these Dragon Flyies. So how is it going now? Are you using your original remote control with the G2 sim? I am trying to use FMS and I am getting no luck at all. Any ideas?
    Check out my RC Video Blog on YouTube. Subscribe and make some comments.http://www.youtube.com/user/theiceman1972