Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Draganfly keeps turning after crash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Draganfly keeps turning after crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 03:20 AM
jason.leesb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draganfly keeps turning after crash

Guys, wonder if any other draganflyer faces this problem ?

Hovering at abt 1 meter, the keeps turning right. Had already adjusted the yaw trin to 75% left. If I adjust a bit more then, the heli will turn left instead.

Constant, adjustment during flight is needed. Is this normal ?

Is the front blade causing this problems, coz I read that the other 3 blades are for lift ?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:26 AM
billmi

Default RE: Draganfly keeps turning after crash

It sounds like one or more of your rotors may be slightly damaged.

All four rotors are for lift. The Draganflyer moves by adjusting power to the four rotors (watch the video that came with it.

If your crash slightly damaged a rotor, or tilted a motor mount out of level, that will cause you to yaw depending on how much power is going to that rotor, or the other rotors at a given time (every time you move the controls, or the gyros sense movement, the power distribution changes - this means it changes many times a second.)

Check to make sure all the rotors and motor mounts are level. To a certain extent though, as blades wear and become less perfect in their shape, this is normal. Flying on a fresh set of rotors, while not an inexpensive thing to do all the time, is definitely easier.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:08 AM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

I think you need to be a bit more specific as to which Dragon fly you have. There are a few the one with 4 separate rotores and then theres the micro FP heli from GWS. I cannot offer help on the 4 rotor type but I can on the GWS verson. THanks
Old 02-15-2005, 09:24 PM
lawnhawk

ORIGINAL: joeb102072

I think you need to be a bit more specific as to which Dragon fly you have. There are a few the one with 4 separate rotores and then theres the micro FP heli from GWS. I cannot offer help on the 4 rotor type but I can on the GWS verson. THanks

joeb102072, He already referred to a 'front' rotor and 'other 3' rotors so that pretty much rules out the 'regular' type
Old 02-16-2005, 07:04 AM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Ahh you are correct sir sorry for not reading the entire first post. My bad