Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 09:17 PM
Vulturetec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade question

Just got back into the hobby, etc... flying a Caliber 30/OS32/GY401.

I opted to ignore all the comments people post in reviews that say "immediately tossed the stock blades into the trash" and figured I'd use them to bring my hovering skills back up to speed and go from there.

I also bought a spare set of Heli-Max sport blades in case I crunched one of the stock ones.

here's the question: Any comments about the quality of the "sport blades" and the stock Kyosho blades in general? I know the stiffness of the high end blades will make a difference doing 3D, etc - that's way down the road though.

thanks much -- sk
Old 08-25-2002, 04:18 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Default Blade question

Wood blades in general are at best OK for learning to hover .
They can tend to go out of balance ( wood absorbs water , unless their kiln dried) and they flex more than a F/G of Carbon blade. The quality is very good for the stock Kyosho blades Heli-Max are OK.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:28 AM
Vulturetec

Default Blade question

Thanks for the info... the stock blades do have more flex than even the Heli-Max sport blades (at least enough I can detect).

I hadn't considered moisture in the wood. Considering the humidity here that might end up being a factor - I left my transmitter case open for about 30 minutes at the field the other night and it was wet like a sponge already.

Thanks!