RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Problem with Kyosho electric EP concept

Old 09-01-2002, 05:40 PM
CHRIS N

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Problem with Kyosho electric EP concept

Hi all,

I'm new here, and have recently got back into radio modelling after many years away! Anyway, I bought a second hand EP concept which I've learned to hover and am now learning to fly. I guess I've done about 40 to 50 flights, and yes, I've had to replace blades and tail booms a few times!!

Anyway, to the problem! There was apparently hardly any power to lift the heli off the ground. I suspected a burnt out motor, as this happened once before and a new motor solved the problem. So, I got a new motor. No good. Could all 3 battery packs be weak? I got a new pack. No good. My speed controller appears to be giving maximum voltage. I've checked the resistance through it and it is a very low 1 Ohm.

Now, there seems to be alot of vibration. I've checked all the bearings, and they appear OK. So, I'm racking my brain trying to think what's causing my lack of power, and excessive vibration.

Is it possible that the one way auto-rotation bearing could be seizing up? Anyone out there got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris
Old 09-11-2002, 12:55 PM
CHRIS N

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Problem with Kyosho electric EP concept

Hi All,

I just thought I'd let you know that it turned out to be the motor. I was sold 2 motors from 2 different shops that were both incorrect!! Thankfully, Mick Charles Models in Surrey were very decent and swapped the motor for the correct one. I am now flying again!

Chris