Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

TREX 450X Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
pistonbroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TREX 450X Questions

Hi all, new to this forum. Have bought a TREX 450X kit (instructions in Taiwanese !) Need to know how to wire up the servos, esc, motor, battery and reciever. The instructions show the tail servo wired to a channel of the reciever while the gyro (align Heading Lock) goes also to another terminal on the Reciever - doesn't sound right to me. Also need to know where to get a battery charger for the supplied Align Li Ion 11.1v / 1900mAh battery (has a 4 pin connector). My hobby shop couln't help. Finally have the supplied Reciever RC-RX6M has a "GEA" connection which i don't understand, also need to know what crystals i should buy for this 72mHz unit (single / dual conversion, and what make) my radio is a Futaba 6XHS on PPM ? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. Kev
Old 01-18-2005, 11:11 PM
tanasit

Default RE: TREX 450X Questions

ORIGINAL: pistonbroke

Hi all, new to this forum. Have bought a TREX 450X kit (instructions in Taiwanese !) Need to know how to wire up the servos, esc, motor, battery and reciever. The instructions show the tail servo wired to a channel of the reciever while the gyro (align Heading Lock) goes also to another terminal on the Reciever - doesn't sound right to me. Also need to know where to get a battery charger for the supplied Align Li Ion 11.1v / 1900mAh battery (has a 4 pin connector). My hobby shop couln't help. Finally have the supplied Reciever RC-RX6M has a "GEA" connection which i don't understand, also need to know what crystals i should buy for this 72mHz unit (single / dual conversion, and what make) my radio is a Futaba 6XHS on PPM ? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. Kev
The connectore on the gyro goes to CH4 on the RX, then the connector from the rudder servo go to the female connector of the gyro. Think of the gyro go between the rudder and the RX. Use the volt meter to check those 4 pin on the stock charger to find the two which are positive and negative, then get a proper connector to match the pack. No need to buy a new charger unless you have many packs. I just bought an Astro Flight 109 and it works great. I believe that Futaba takes dual conversion crystal.
Where is the "GEA" connection you mentioned.
The RX that came with my T-Rex is for JR TX and won't work with my Futaba, so I sent it back to Hongkong.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Norrmannen

Are you sure that it's not a battery with a balance contact so that you'll have 1 pin for each cell + negative?
Do you have 2 contacts on the battery?

Check out Aligns pages, they have a charger ment for this, sold on eBay.

I believe Poly Quest uses the same technique/system.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:49 PM
JMN

You find English manual here:
http://www.align.com.tw/html/en/assembly/trex450xe.html
Li-Ion batterys doesn´t work well with T-Rex,it hardly hovers with it,You must have Li-Polys.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

You need to purchase a good quality LiPo battery and a good charger for it I use a Thunder Power 11.1 2100Mah battery for mine and the Great Planes Triton Charger and you really can get some flight time out of this battery.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Wlouigene
My Feedback: (66)

Try this Website and click on the left link that says build [link=http://www.trextuning.com]T-rex[/link]