Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

35mhz TX and 40mhz RX will it work? help!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

35mhz TX and 40mhz RX will it work? help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Crabstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35mhz TX and 40mhz RX will it work? help!!

I rendered my receiver useless and need another, i want to buy the gws one the 6ch naro, or pico , i cant rember. Will this work?
I have a colco 35mhz 6ch TX (funnily enought its the same casing as a futaba skysport 4ch)
it is FM radio and i have 35.09mhz xtals

Will this work?? I do not know if the TX is a dual or single conversion, or positive or negative shift.. Hoping someone else does, it will most likely be single conversion... i dunno about teh shift part

Im in New Zealand and we have a really poor range of this stuff...so its either gws or the dreaded hitec feather.or whatver oddball i can find
Old 01-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Imac Kiwi

Default RE: 35mhz TX and 40mhz RX will it work? help!!

Novacat

I couldn't help but reply to your post.

35mhz and 40mhz are 2 different bands available to us for use in New Zealand among others. If you want a GWS 35mhz receiver try RCmodelshop in New Plymouth, Their website is [link=http://www.rcmodelshop.com]

Last time I talked to them, they had 35meg receivers in stock. On 35megs positive or negative shift does not come into it, to my knowledge this only applies to 72 megs.

Only the receiver is single or dual conversion so your FM transmitter will work fine with either.

I am surprised you have trouble finding what you require in NZ as through the modelshops and agents in this country, you can find almost anything you could want. If you require any further information or help on where to source stuff, please send me a pm.

Regards
Alan
Old 01-27-2005, 03:11 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Positive and negative shift has nothing to do with the frequency, FM/AM or PCM/PPM.

You will need to match on all of the above. If these don't match then it will not work. Unfortunately I have no idea what units are available in your part of the world.

In South Africa they also use 35MHz and the Futaba and JR units cannot work with each other because of the shift. Some of the PPM Hitec units there are shift selectable. I also know that many pilots from SA buy their 35MHz equipment from MacGregors in the UK. You might want to check out their website.

Safe Flying!
Old 01-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Crabstick

Wicked, i called Adam at Airsail. he has a 6ch 35fm rx for about 130. i never thought to call Airsail.... i usually just go in there. Thanks for your help Alan

Im off to buy one today as soon as my wages come thru. also i was goin to get a brushless controller for my cd rom motor, but Adam said they only sell them as a package, motor and controller, i dont suppose you would happen to know where i can get a sensorless 10a brushless controller in auckland?

Thanks again

Matt